What he left behind.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knight

Reaction score
It had been a year since he retreated from the ending world into his secure shelter underground. As he climbed the ash covered ladder to the world he could noticed the scent of the it, it was unfamiliar to him, he neither smelled exhaust, nor the scent of the road or of anything that he was accustomed to, it was the smell of death. As he arrived at the top of the ladder, he flinched, and thoughts began to fill his head, he thought of the world that he once prospered in, he thought of the people in his life, he thought of the streets he drove everyday without any cares in the world. He wished that he would open the latch and push the top aside, and see that world again. He desperately wished that he would. As quickly as the thoughts came they vanished, and he listened to the silence, he didn't hear cars humming along, nor birds cheerfully chirping, even the wind was absent in his ear. He then unlocked the door to the new world, and yet again he halted, and tears of the past came running down his cold and chalky face. He slowly pushed the door open as more and more silver light shined on his wary face. He looked downward till he stood up above from whence he came. He carefully looked up to his height, he nearly trembled to his knees for what he saw was something of his worst nightmares coming true. The ground was covered in ash for as far as he could see. Mostly crumbled buildings were all the evidence that mankind once prospered on this world. It was silent, not even the wind blew. This was death he was seeing, this is what death of an entire world looked like. He thought that this was hell itself. He slowly turned around completely witnessing everything he could grasp. He then started to walk, it didn't matter in what direction, it didn't matter why to him. He walked into the remains of a once dominate city, not knowing what the future held for his lonesome life.

This is, at first read, a really dark piece of writing. But then it makes you start to ponder and play it out in your mind, of just what it would be like to be in a situation like that. Let's face it, with the way we mistreat nature and each other...it could become a reality in time.

I'd love to see you expand this story. I'd like to see where the fellow goes and what he finds, thinks and does on his journey.

Though it's obviously the end of one world...Ya gotta wonder what world evolves out of that ash and ruin...

Thanks for sharing. :)

Nina said:
This is, at first read, a really dark piece of writing. But then it makes you start to ponder and play it out in your mind, of just what it would be like to be in a situation like that. Let's face it, with the way we mistreat nature and each other...it could become a reality in time.

I'd love to see you expand this story. I'd like to see where the fellow goes and what he finds, thinks and does on his journey.

Though it's obviously the end of one world...Ya gotta wonder what world evolves out of that ash and ruin...

Thanks for sharing. :)

I will most definitely expand on this work. Funny though I'm a math person but I don't hate English, just the grammar part, the reading and writing part is what I love.

If I weren't an artist, I swear, I could be a professional reader. I can't write for beans, but I LOVE seeing and feeling the words of others. I'm looking forward to your continuation of this!

If I'm not mistaken, there have been a number of really accomplished writers who've wondered in out of the mathmatical world!! You could be the next! My son wants to be a writer and he hates all the mechanics too. He claims he'll contibute to future editors by always hireing someone to proof all his work. :D

Latest posts

Back