What is it you see in your reflection?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SignedSierraLynn

Reaction score
I am not talking about illustrating your physical appearance. But what do you see when you look in the mirror as a person? And what would you change and keep? Give the negative and positive outlook of what you see.

I see a person who is wasting their "prime-time" years. With a ton of time on my hands all I do is research random things, read the news, and play games.

Ak5 said:
I see a person who is wasting their "prime-time" years. With a ton of time on my hands all I do is research random things, read the news, and play games.
I see similar things in myself Ak5. Only mine is with writing, drawing, and researching past things that could inspire my stories. My "prime time" years aren't like everyone elses either. I don't do what other teens do.

SignedSierraLynn said:
Ak5 said:
I see similar things in myself Ak5. Only mine is with writing, drawing, and researching past things that could inspire my stories. My "prime time" years aren't like everyone elses either. I don't do what other teens do.

We're all different. I myself don't like writing but I have been told that I am good by a lot of people. I remember turning in writing assignments (thought I was going to fail) but I ended up receiving a perfect grade. I have written a small story or two and relatives have read it and they thought it was good (relatives, ****, don't know if they're lying or not haha).

I don't think I'm different than anyone else. I just think that I don't have the amount of friends as everyone else (0 for me).

Ak5 said:
SignedSierraLynn said:
Ak5 said:

We're all different. I myself don't like writing but I have been told that I am good by a lot of people. I remember turning in writing assignments (thought I was going to fail) but I ended up receiving a perfect grade. I have written a small story or two and relatives have read it and they thought it was good (relatives, ****, don't know if they're lying or not haha).

I don't think I'm different than anyone else. I just think that I don't have the amount of friends as everyone else (0 for me).
Well, you can count me as a friend.

I see a young man of many absurd contradictions, who has rarely felt comfortable in his own skin and as if he had a well defined role amongst the people on this planet.

In a way, this is my essence and I don't want to change a thing. But sometimes... I just wish I was a relatively normal person.

an out of place loner that never really felt like he belonged anywhere and despite being a loner all he really wants is to meet that somone and make that connection and say fresia you to everyone else.

The negative: Some days I see a boring woman, approaching middle age with no special talents or distinctions, someone who barely knows how to make smalltalk anymore with normal people.

The positive: Other days I see a striking person, whose appearance alone often marks her as unique and therefore "interesting", careful choices that reflect an inner depth and whimsy.

if i look at myself for too **** long...I"ll get self absorbing or baSh myself. hahahaaaaa

I believe that question was design for people to judge themselves...
This is good..that's bad. Round and round you go.
Then people start comparing themselve to other people or the idea of someone's perception of perfection....which fucks up people's self esteem

Everyone have assests and liablities...it's about as normal as you're going to get.

What do you dwell on or focus on the most?

Better than many, not perfect by any standards but **** proud of myself with a fervent drive to continue to do better.

I see a girl, who is too hard for herself and thinks too negatively. Even that life has been very tough, she will be able to move forward and smile!

SignedSierraLynn said:
I am not talking about illustrating your physical appearance. But what do you see when you look in the mirror as a person? And what would you change and keep? Give the negative and positive outlook of what you see.

I really depends ... and I am not entirely sure on what.

But most of the time, I see a prisoner who is stuck in an ugly shell, so to speak, and there is no escape.

And then... sometimes, I don't even dare to look :)

くりすとふ

Sometimes: Failure. Unrealistic expectations. Desperation. Loneliness. Fear.
Other times: Vigor. Passion. Determination. Strength. Hope.

When I look at myself physically I see all the negative things. I am my worst critic. I'm sure it's not as bad as I perceive according to feedback, but I still cannot please my own standards. That being said, I have high regards about myself internally. I just wish I were outgoing enough so others could see my heart.

Some days: An ambitious, thoughtful guy with a lot of life left, an attractive smile and an intelligent brain. Also nicely developing abs and muscles.

Other days: A way-too-ambitious, daydreaming guy who's wasting his younger years, a defeated frown and a brain that doesn't have the concentration to work on a degree for long enough. Reasonably nice abs and muscles, but in the end a physique that still needs about 6-8 months more hard work and a stone or two more lost to actually look indisputably "sexy".

My hair is a beast of it's own, frankly. It's uncontrollable. Sometimes it looks great, other times it looks totally chaotic. I like to think that the chaotic mode makes me look wild and untamed, and imagine women cuddling up to some kind of Tarzan figure.

In reality, it probably just makes me look like a tit :D

Latest posts

Back