What is loneliness to you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loneliness to me is a vast emptiness, a deep void inside of me that slowly contaminates my mind. It crushes me until it physically hurts, it drowns me until I can no longer breathe.

3am when I am consumed by my thoughts, but there is no one around. No one I can confide in, no conversations I can use to distract myself.

Standing alone in the corner at work while my coworkers laugh and chat amongst themselves. Making plans that I never get invited to.

Holidays, when everyone is celebrating with their families. Seeing their happy photos posted to my facebook wall. Photos of my family members all having fun together without me. Not even getting invited because my social awkwardness makes everyone uncomfortable.

Going to anime conventions, but having no one to go to panels with. Too ashamed and embarrassed to even cosplay, or participate in group activities. Trying to make friends by planning a huge group lunch at a local restaurant. Having a ton of people show up, but no one even talks to me. Eating alone while everyone else has fun together..

spending an afternoon with some people with the quiet knowledge that none of them knows or will ever know what you are really about, and that they truly don't like you.

Going to a support group for people with depression, watching other members exchange cards and gifts on their birthdays and being completely ignored on mine

badhairday said:
Going to a support group for people with depression, watching other members exchange cards and gifts on their birthdays and being completely ignored on mine

oh boy, that's especially bad. :(

badhairday said:

Hmm, not making excuses for them, but did they know it was your birthday?

TheRealCallie said:
badhairday said:

Hmm, not making excuses for them, but did they know it was your birthday?

That's not an excuse. That's actually a good question to ask.

My depression is kind of chronic and not tied to anything happening today and that makes me feel like i should shut up about it or i will look crazy and just say happy things.

I've only been here a few days and I'm amazed at how many people are in the same boat as me. I'm not sure how we can be lonely with so many people in the same place looking for the same thing. We should start a motorcycle gang. :)

Shhhhh said:
I've only been here a few days and I'm amazed at how many people are in the same boat as me. I'm not sure how we can be lonely with so many people in the same place looking for the same thing. We should start a motorcycle gang. :)

I feel like if all the lonely people in the world could collaborate for positive social change, we could make all the difference in the world . . . And maybe find some relief!

Amthorn said:
Shhhhh said:

I feel like if all the lonely people in the world could collaborate for positive social change, we could make all the difference in the world . . . And maybe find some relief!

I agree. The world is missing out.

Latest posts

Back