What is your biggest regret in life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Retrospective81

Mine is for my disgusting and disruptive behaviour on this forum, to members and other places/people in the past. I wish I could turn back time and done thins differently, not said such spiteful things or been so hateful. I realise hate, just attracts hate in the end. It could've been so different but oh well :\ I hope its not too late to change. I'm over the worst. Learned some harsh lessons..

It's reallly never too late to change you know.

I have many regrets but I think it's probably best I stop thinking about them and just try to move forward with less of them.

Thanks Naïve. I'm over the worst now. I try hard not to think about them but I lost some really valuable friends here and other places. its just the case of 'don't know what you got, until its gone'. But yes I'm trying hard to move on. Some days good, some bad. :)

niave said:
It's reallly never too late to change you know.

I have many regrets but I think it's probably best I stop thinking about them and just try to move forward with less of them.

+1
I spent too much time with regret. Sometimes I won't be able to help feeling regretful, but I'm going to concentrate on moving forward.

Although there is one regret I can't seem to shake.......I regret not talking to niave sooner. She's so smart! :)

Locke, Indeed she is! I'm doing the same as yiu Locke, glad we can relate atleast :)

There's so many regrets that I have and sometimes I wish I could take them all back. One day hopefully I'll stop thinking about all the things I regret in life and concentrate on the all great things that has happened in my life.

WallflowerGirl83 said:
There's so many regrets that I have and sometimes I wish I could take them all back. One day hopefully I'll stop thinking about all the things I regret in life and concentrate on the all great things that has happened in my life.

^ The bolded is definitely something we should do more of! :)

Retrospective81 said:
Mine is for my disgusting and disruptive behaviour on this forum, to members and other places/people in the past. I wish I could turn back time and done thins differently, not said such spiteful things or been so hateful. I realise hate, just attracts hate in the end. It could've been so different but oh well :\ I hope its not too late to change. I'm over the worst. Learned some harsh lessons..

Don't beat yourself over it !

We all make mistakes !

Thank you triple. Its nice for people here to be so kind such as yourself :) wallflower, yes me too!

A lady I lost touch with. Met her in primary school 2nd year, 6 yrs old both of us. We were in the same clique for eight more years, until 3rd form, secondary school.....British colony, brit school system. Everyone said we were made for each other.

But my family moved to the USA and that was that.
Then our names and paths crossed on the internet 3 years ago, 4 decades since I left......been chatting every few days since then.

Two marriages and two grown sons for her.
I'll always wonder what might have been.

Never talking to the girl I had a crush on in high school. Worst part about it is that I have never seen her at the college I go to, so I haven't received a second chance or anything, and who knows if I ever will.

That I didn't have the courage to break up with my second girlfriend for several years. Should've dumped her very early on, but I remained blind to the warning signs of a bad relationship and kept trying to make things work (granted, so did she).

Not having the guts to tell people how I felt about them when I had the chance. I've got more but I am not going on.

Not putting the foot down on the woman I spent 1/3 of my life with sooner.

Not making more of the time I had when I was younger,there were so many missed opportunities.

Don't know, lately it seems that everything I do and am is wrong
oh, and spending way too much time complaining and being depressed instead of for instance painting or something

My regret is not being brave enough with my passions when I was a kid. May be I could have had a happier adult life.

Latest posts

Back