What Nice Guys Can Learn From Bad Boys

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bones

Excerpt:

Andrea Syrtash teaches Jordan Carlos the things nice guys do wrong when trying to get the girl.

~ First, don’t come on too strong, that just makes you look needy and desperate.

~ Bad boys aren’t shy, so stand up straight and keep making eye contact.

~ Ladies love a sense of humor, and it’s ok to be a little self-deprecating.

~ Finally, keep being a nice guy, just make sure you’re confident about it. It’s a winning combination.

[Yahoo Video Link]

uh... but I already do all those things. Sounds like that person left out all the important stuff.

Do you have confidence?

Are you able to ask people out without the fear of rejection getting you down?

It is the fear of rejection that always got me for one reason or another; but when enough was enough, I would start asking people out and generally - but not always - would say yes.

blackdot said:
uh... but I already do all those things. Sounds like that person left out all the important stuff.

Bones said:

It is the fear of rejection that always got me for one reason or another; but when enough was enough, I would start asking people out and generally - but not always - would say yes.

For me, the problem is I just don't know who I am supposed to ask out.

blackdot said:
Bones said:

women who you are attracted to or women who make you laugh.

Bones said:
Excerpt:

Andrea Syrtash teaches Jordan Carlos the things nice guys do wrong when trying to get the girl.

~ First, don’t come on too strong, that just makes you look needy and desperate.

~ Finally, keep being a nice guy, just make sure you’re confident about it. It’s a winning combination.

[Yahoo Video Link]

I don't come on strong, I always ease into things.

I'm funny
Confident
I ask many girls out

I don't think these simple solutions are the answer, and badboys are badboys because they don't have confidence.

When it comes to finding a date, you have to be fearless and ask a bunch of women out, and in that scenario its takes along time to find someone you want to spend your time with.

Am I strange in thinking the coming on strong thing isn't bad for me. I know that it means they like me. Not that I ever get asked out lol! I don't see it as needy or desperate at all.

duff said:
blackdot said:
Bones said:

women who you are attracted to or women who make you laugh.

oh.. in other words, married women or previously married women.

Bones said:

I would totally date that guy. +1

Cool - I will pick you up on Friday at 7 - and, I will pay for the date unless you insist on going Dutch - lets both wear all black (and a little bit of black lace would look awesome on you!

MissGuided said:
Bones said:

Bones said:
Cool - I will pick you up on Friday at 7 - and, I will pay for the date unless you insist on going Dutch - lets both wear all black (and a little bit of black lace would look awesome on you!

LOL! Nope, no Dutch. I encourage you to hold my door open and pull out my chair, as well. As for the lace....I only wear that underneath, so that wouldn't be up for discussion until at least the 3rd date. :p

I wouldn't really call those lessons nice guys could learn from bad boys. Confidence isn't inherent only to bad boys, neither is a sense of humour.

MissGuided said:
Bones said:

Don't tease now, lol.

MissGuided said:
Bones said:

LOL! Nope, no Dutch. I encourage you to hold my door open and pull out my chair, as well. As for the lace....I only wear that underneath, so that wouldn't be up for discussion until at least the 3rd date. :p

I would definitely hold open every door for you and pull out chairs. The 3rd date isn't that long of a wait, I'm sure I could contain myself that long, maybe lol.

Bones said:
Excerpt:

[Yahoo Video Link]
-I don't come on too strong, in fact I'd say the opposite in most cases.
-I'd be considered very shy by most peoples' standards, especially for a man.
-I have an ok sense of humour, but I'm too self-deprecating.
-There are far nicer guys out there than me, and with better prospects and looks too.
On top of that I'm completely spineless, I really am screwed aren't I?

Bad boys have the reputatuion of being spontaneus fun and outgoing nice guys are known as being safe, so depending on what stage of life a woman is in, either can be seen as very attractive, humour, confidence,assertiveness,kindness,patience and spontanuity are all traits that both bad boys & nice guys can posess and no women can resist a guy who is balanced like this, so my advice to anyone having trouble attracting a partner is simply pay more attention to a womans needs cos they are not all the same & most guys are terrible listeners who only think about themselves and miss all the signs that women put out there.Try being a Bad boy who's a rly nice guy!

I think to most super sexy thing about a man is first his humor and second his intelligence. Looks are way down on my list of importance actually.

I agree with Bones' list. Nice, confident in themselves (not overly), and a great sense of humor I think could land you most any woman who would be worth your time.

Shipster0958 said:
I think to most super sexy thing about a man is first his humor and second his intelligence. Looks are way down on my list of importance actually.

I've had multiple women tell me they weren't interested in me because I could make them laugh and because I was intelligent.

And with all the advice in the world, in the end it all comes down to chemistry. If a girl doesn't like you, she's not gonna like you.

The best skill to learn is to move on to the next person as fast as you can and not dwell on the rejection.

Nice guys and bad boys both have an equal chance if they are going after the right girls. I find that girls who go after the stereotypical bad boy types usually are damaged or have low self-esteem so they want a guy who will treat them as bad as they think they should be treated.

I acted exactly the same way when meeting girls I ended up dating as I did with girls who rejected me or just wanted to be friends with me. You can't really control chemistry. Even with platonic things. There are guys I meet and we can become great friends and hang out and then there are others that just rub me the wrong way right from the beginning and I generally prefer to have minimal interaction with them.

In college most people liked me and there was this one kid who I never even spoke to once and he spent all four years I was in college telling my friends how much he wanted to kick my ass and how I made him go into a rage every time he saw me walking around. He never once spoke to me directly but apparently just the site of me sent him into a rage.

Who knows what leads to that sort of thing.

Latest posts

Back