What scares you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Becoming mentally challenged.

Maybe it's horrible for me to say... but I'd rather die than live with severe brain trauma.

*shrug*

What people me think of me. To talk with strangers and mostlly with strangers who as well are beautiful and attractive women.

Veruca said:
Brutal rape.
That too, mostly when it gets to female friends. I have a very bad feeling about the new boyfriend of an online friend of mine. She spends Silvester at a hotel with him (since her parents don't like him and she wants to be with him during Silvester), even while they are just shortly together and he already had some events that doesn't give much good light on him...
Hopefully she will come back well.

But rape is always brutal, in my opinion...

PyramidHead said:
That too, mostly when it gets to female friends. I have a very bad feeling about the new boyfriend of an online friend of mine. She spends Silvester at a hotel with him (since her parents don't like him and she wants to be with him during Silvester), even while they are just shortly together and he already had some events that doesn't give much good light on him...
Hopefully she will come back well.

But rape is always brutal, in my opinion...

Hope your friend will be alright. I worry about my female friends too.

True, rape is always brutal, but I was thinking about what frightens me more than rape, and I remembered those horrible ones where the victim's body is mutilated you know? That terrifies me.

I narrowly escaped being raped twice so this is a real fear that I think is making dating quite difficult. When I tell my close friends or family this, they seem to think being "almost" raped shouldn't affect me as much as actually being a victim. When I try to talk sense into them, they say I'm being dramatic. What's wrong with these people?

Veruca said:
I narrowly escaped being raped twice so this is a real fear that I think is making dating quite difficult. When I tell my close friends or family this, they seem to think being "almost" raped shouldn't affect me as much as actually being a victim. When I try to talk sense into them, they say I'm being dramatic. What's wrong with these people?

I'm so sorry to hear that. I don't really understand why people can even think about doing something as horrible as rape.

-Earwigs
-Drunk people
-Domestic disputes
-The act of dying. Not death itself, but suffering immensely through a protracted death.

LoneKiller said:
The thought of any of my loved ones dying in an accident.

^I worry about that, as well. My sister and the kids live in a heavily populated area and I am always nervous about something horrible happening. It's gotten to the point that I won't let her drive up to see me, I would rather make the drive to her. Maybe it's a big sister thing. :/

bodafuko said:
- People with freakishly white teeth.

My old dentist once bitched about baby spices veneers being too white. Apparently it's a "dentist thing"!

As for what I'm scared of? Pretty much life and everything in it. It has stunted and crippled me for years. I go into any and every situation with a sense of panic and unbelievable dread. Sometimes I realise just what impact it is having on me and I know I need to fight against it with all my mite. Especially now I have a life worth fighting for.

Latest posts

Back