What the hell is it with selfish bastards and base music?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainCrazy

Reaction score
What is it with people and heavy base?
Well it often really gets on my nerves to the point where i want to go and kick seven bells of crap out of them. The old place i lived in was understandable as there were students there but this place is supposed to be quiet.

Anyway that's beside the point and this is just generally about people who believe that playing heavy base music, somehow, makes them look like some cool or kickass person.

I glanced over a few topics on this website regarding the same or similar things and i see people say "Well when they do it just sleep somewhere lse or go out?"

The only thing that i can say to that is why the hell should I HAVE to go out to accommodate some noisy, selfish, inconsiderate little honeysuckle? If i went the rest of my life doing that then people like that will constantly live believing that it's okay to fresia with people and make them miserable.

The problem with these people is that you go to them and ask them to turn it down, they do so then 5 minutes later pump it straight back up again as though they think you're a ******* absent minded dumbass that, perchance, has forgotten what scum they are.

My girlfriend doesn't understand why i get so **** angry when so prick it playing base so loud i can hear it from 1 floor away, she tells me to put my headphones in or ignore it. I just say "Why the fresia should i do that for THEM????? No how about i go around and smash their face in??"

It's amazing how such inconsideration can bring such anger and make one want to inflict physical harm on another but i get driven to it. I just cannot stand selfish, self obsessed, inconsiderate bastards who think that doing such things makes them center of attention.

I'm a kind caring loving person with a lot of patience but people like this make me SO angry!

You know what else makes me want to rip them to pieces? When you ask them to turn it down, then they turn it back up again so you bang on the wall and the cocky little ****** bangs back as if to tell you to shut the fresia up.

I'm not physically violent but sometimes i want to go in there and smash the honeysuckle out of their sound system. Calling the police is pointless as people like this will only do it again and again because they only think about themselves.

And then when this guy isn't doing it there's some twat behind where we live doing karaoke all ******* day. I mean he can't even sing, he sounds like a mildly sedated Elvis Presley singing to honeysuckle music, again with base. Sometimes i wonder what the hell the point is. Do we seriously live in a world of inconsiderate little shits that only see the world as being the room that they happen to be infesting?

err....I guess it's likely been suggested before that you move, but if you're a renter, that really is the best option if your property manager won't enforce noise control.

Don't get me started on people who play loud music. Where I used to live: 10pm, their music started. Alright, whatever. 12am, still going on. Alright, trying to sleep. 3am, I'm awake, and I am **** cranky when rudely awoken. 4am, I decide to get up, and I went over to that wall and rapped on it. Of course... They cannot hear me. Fine.

Literally using the wonderful full armed force of pissed-off-power, I slammed my fists again that wall until they turned their **** music down. Only once did they try to turn it up again (and to which I could hear laughter - must be a thrill to piss people like me off!) but they immediately turned it down like the inconsiderate wimps that they were.

But, technically, to avoid physical confrontation you can contact the landlord (if they give a ****) and for good measure the police, for "obstruction of peace".

I definitely say to move somewhere that they guarantee they do not tolerate partiers, or any loud obnoxious twats. I will say, I like my music loud... But not loud enough to piss people off. If they do ask me to turn it down, or rap on the wall I am very willing to thus being considerate. If I want to block out EVERYTHING, it's called high quality headphones (I have V-Moda headphones. Totally great!).

As for narrowing it down to idiots and bass: I like bass. But.... Headphones. Again.... Headphones. I'm also terribly sensitive to certain pitches, so low bass is basically what I can listen to lol. Not like my new neighbors, which even now that I own my own home I STILL must deal with inconsiderate people. Except their music sounds like crappy car speaker music :) BUT I'll settle with NOT early in the morning.

Hey Captain Crazy, I can sympathize with you. My brother is one of those BASS listeners. Growing up with him was very maddening at times. I will say that while some of the people who listen to it so loud is for show, there are a few who it is purely therapeutic. They find it very relaxing to feel the vibrations. This in no way excuses them to play their music causing suffering to their fellow neighbors. My brother as he got older and was able to drive, would try to listen in his car on the highway so as not to disturb others. I can respect that. Or finding an old shopping center thats abandoned with no near neighbors. For as much as they spend on speakers and equipment they could just buy a good set of headphones and a vibrating chair.

As for what you can do, other than involving the cops, which your right can be a pain, but believe me if they have to come out enough they will do something. Maybe try to work out some kind of schedule. Based on your description its not likely.

Also if you have other neighbors, perhaps it is bothering them as well, if all of you collective make a complaint, maybe something will be done.

Good luck, and whatever you do keep your cool, and don't become the criminal.

I know what you mean..
there was some kid that used to drive by my house every once in a while and I could feel the bass from his car in my basement while I had headphones on!
what a lot of the problem is, is that they are listening to music in a room that is not designed for it.
it takes around 22ft for a standing bass sound wave to start to break down, and so if you are in a room less that that long, the sound waves bounce off of the walls and back towards the next sound wave, and because they are the same size wave, they cancel each other out. so the person in that room hears less bass, and so they crank it up more. meanwhile, the people outside of that room don't get the same cancelling effect and the bass goes right through the wall. because higher frequencies are picked up by our ears at lower volumes, and lighter materials that walls are built out of can absorb or deflect them better, usually the bass is raised far abovet the rest of the frequencies db level so we only hear the bass through walls and floors.
if you were to create what they call bass-traps within the room to minimize the reflection of the bass waves and absorb them, the actual bass levels are heard and therefore the volume on the lower frequencies can be turned down.
if you moved a band from an untreated room, into a properly treated room, the first thing you notice is that the bass guitar amplifier will have to be turn down to at least half the volume that it was in the non-treated room.

Hey there,

I understand the annoyance of this as I used to live next door to some loud idiots myself. I'm not sure about your situation but in mine it was two young teenagers who'd play it and their mother just wouldn't give a honeysuckle, or she'd tell them to turn it down and just ignore them.

In the UK you can report them a few times to your local council and get an ASBO slapped on them, but if it was my place and I was renting I'd want to move if it has people like that living there, I can't be doing with immature, inconsiderate people like that who just make your life a misery!

Interesting Wally, who knew? Well I mean besides you. :D I sure didn't. But that explains a lot. Thanks :)

i'm a life long musician who spent a lot of time trying to "sound proof" rooms.
before I built my home studio I did a lot of studying/ trial and error.
by the end, once we put a plexi-glass wall infront of the drums and cushioned the wall behind as well as bass traps in the corners of the room.. we cut the volume of a drum kit by probably at least 50% and all of the instrument amplifiers got turned down 2/3rds.
you could stand 3ft in front of the drums and sing without a microphone and the entire room could hear it.
the family can watch t.v. in the room directly above while a 5pc band rocks out below, and they can barely hear it.

3_3rd_Drums_08.jpg

**** cool set up walley

and capt. i completely empathize i have been VERY close to really properly (with a blackbelt in a really viscous form of karate) battering the living crap out of people who make noise with bass or anything else, i knew about the bass sound wave cancellation and have tried to explain to more than 2 people that if they turn their bass down they will actually HEAR it but they probably either couldn't hear me or were too thick headed to understand basic physics, which made me think that 'well we do eat less intelligent creatures....

it didn't go on their 'don't beat them up list' never initiated any violence in my in my life, ive left a couple gangs of guys who attacked me in a pile of bicycles and limbs in the past though :p but ive never crossed the line to actually initiating violence....i would to defend another though, i think defense of yourself and others is a natural 'god given' right i couldn't care less what the government thinks about that, i will defend myself to the death if i am being attacked with intent to kill.

luckily as a blackbelt (or any practicing bushido shotokan karatier for that matter has them) i have a 'bsku' liscence....thats the Bushido shotokan karate union and it really helps when the police nose in as its a license to use my martial art skills in defence of myself, family and friends and in the aid of defending others, got my photo in it and everything

My downstairs neighbour goes bat honeysuckle if the floorboards creak if he's gone to bed. After years of being careful and accommodating and listening to him moaning that he can hear my little one walking around, I just think fresia it he's overly sensitive.

I don't play my music too loud, especially if it's getting late, but I won't have it playing at a whisper either. I have to put up with my adjacent neighbours dog barking constantly all day, but what can you do? Price you pay for living on top of each other I guess. Now when I buy my mansion...

1st world problems eh? :rolleyes:

Walley, that is both interesting and cool lol. Explains why they always have it cranked for vehicles... And when you are in the vehicle, the rattling of the poor speakers basically takes over.

Be calm and patient. Try to make noise also then they will realize how disturbing their noise is. You make noise to remind them but do not destroy your relationship with them. Do not fight with them. Talk to them, tell them they make noise which irritates. And make friends with them so they can be compassionate to minimize the sound they produce. You can tell the disturbance of noise in front of them but in a polite way. You can be frank if you tell it to them. Once the noise start knock their door and tell them about their noise and they will be notified and be initiated to reduce the sound. Tell them it might harm their ears.

*promotion removed*

Latest posts

Back