What's your go-to...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to have my movies, my beloved books, my writing, and writing letters to friends. I'd also take long walks at night, along the highway, considering just waiting for an 18 wheeler to roar toward me and just falling under the wheels (when I was feeling especially low ). Now, I still have my eccentric movie collection and my books ( even though the depression has turned the volume on my enjoyment of these things down to about a 2 out of 10, I will not abandon them.). My writing has been reduced to just my journal. Writing letters to friends has evaporated, since no one writes actual paper letters any longer. My highway walking has turned into strolling along city streets at night, in my trenchcoat and slouch hat, a shadow fading from window to window, visible but unseen.

My bass, a whiskey or rum and coke, and talking to my friends online while burning some incense, usually patchouli.

Usually movies or TV series', though I don't get much enjoyment out of them lately. **** anhedonia.

Photography - it's a new hobby of mine. I don't have a very posh camera but it's able to take some lovely photographs and I'm learning all about the features. It has got me out of the house, visiting towns I would never have visited and shooting amazing sights that other people take for granted.

lonelyfairy said:
Sleeping and music, but especially sleeping~! <3

Don't spend all of your time sleeping, life is short. Don't waste it in bed! :club:

Videogames are great. I almost get so into the games I feel like im in them. Cycling has been a massive help. Pushing myself to the limit and only focusing on how far and hard I can ride makes me think about how to improve and get better...shame when I stop my mind wanders back to loneliness at times.

boonieghoul said:
My highway walking has turned into strolling along city streets at night, in my trenchcoat and slouch hat, a shadow fading from window to window, visible but unseen.

'Visible but unseen,' very poetic, deep...

Deep because I think it reflects on modern society in so many ways. You have a gift there.

I do a lot of the things mentioned here apart from gaming, I've never gotten into it so won't try now. :D

One thing I seem to 'panic' about is spending time at home all day, so I always take myself out. But then when I get home it's evening, usually, and then I'm annoyed at myself because there is so much I could have done in the house, etc, I love writing poetry and reading and researching stuff....

Right now I'll probably distract myself by going out and seeing my relative that lives locally. I don't need to go, I've seen her already this week. I'm ok with being home alone.......but I always feel as though I'm missing something and have to go out. It's crazy!

Latest posts

Back