Why are people generally such complete and utter morons?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EveWasFramed said:
Mysis said:
I wouldn't say all these people are morons. they're flawed.

Somewhere you just gotta learn some tolerance for the sake of getting along, and remember, whoever you are, you're pretty flawed too.

People can change though. We aren't inherently evil. Most of us are just ignorant or absent minded, but have redeeming qualities elsewhere.

Though I agree, the planet would probably be better off without us... But the problem there lies with our politics and corporate society, not necessarily an individual basis.

Environmental protection laws are extremely difficult to pass, and they always mean somebody will lose money in the end... Usually the government... So each time a law is proposed to protect land or animals, there's enough lobbying against it to stop the law from being passed for at least 30-50 years, unless something catastrophic happens.

On the individual basis our litter is nothing. It's piss in an ocean. Nature has buffers for things like that to negate the candy wrapper you tossed on the ground... It's when an entire ecosystem disappears and all the animals are either killed or forced to migrate into surrounding habbitats that we really start seeing screwed up things. One of the causes for ecosystems disappearing is our accumulative litter that we DID throw out properly. So I think the real problem isn't that we aren't using trash cans, I think the real problem is that the practices of our industries. and on some level social mentality, means we're producing far too much non-biodegradable waste.

There's plenty of examples of human decency though. If you focus on the negative, of course that's all you'll see.

I enjoyed this post immensley.

I'll second that. I still think many people are morons though. Sorry.

And I think you are over-analyzing what I originally said. I am talking on a social scale, not in terms of the planet.

One question I have been asking myself a lot lately is "When did values and morals go out the window?". I don't know if that has an effect on how life is out in the real world. There are just so MANY people out there with no values or morals anymore. I know values and morals aren't the "cool" or the "norm" nowdays. I dont know how big of an effect the lack of morals or values has on how people act. It probably doesnt effect the attitude of everyone who are lacking morals and values but I really do believe the lack of morals and values in general can effect it. Don't get me wrong, because it probably isn't the only thing to blame.

Latest posts

Back