Why, hello there! Do you come here often? ;)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NerdGirl

Reaction score
Hello, everyone. :) My name is Elizabeth. I'm 23, although I've been married, divorced, and had a kid already so I'm really like..35. ;)

I have a little boy named Jaxon who is almost 4, and he has been diagnosed with autism. (If you have any questions about autism, please let me know. :) ) Becoming a parent is simultaneously the most overwhelming and rewarding responsibility I’ve ever had to face. Having a person’s entire existence depend solely on me is exhausting. The knowledge that every tiny decision I make can impact and influence his life is frightening. The intensity of love I feel for my son is overpowering, and the fear that I might fail him someday is unbearable. His dad has absolutely nothing to do with us anymore (his girlfriend won't allow it) so all parental responsibilty falls on my shoulders alone.

I work for walmart.com right now, although I'm trying to figure out how I can put myself through college to become a pediatric nurse. (Who wouldn't want a job where they can stab little kids with needles all day long? ;) ) Working and raising my son alone has resulted in me feeling very lonely. Friends my age don't understand the limited mobility that comes with having a kid (especially an autistic one) and it is incredibly difficult for me to find a babysitter that I trust to care for Jax. I end up spending a lot of time at home alone. I do find solace in my video games, books, and music, but nothing can replace the companionship with other people that I am missing so very much.

Anyway, I found this forum and have read for a few days, and I decided to take the plunge and say hi. :) I look forward to meeting you guys, and I'm sorry my introduction is so wordy. I have a bad habit of being grandiosely verbose sometimes. ;)

Here is a picture of Jaxon and me. :)
jaxandmemirror.jpg

Welcome to ALL! :)

You seem like you'll be a fine addition to the crew here. Hope you find what you're looking for. :)

Your son is so cute by the way. =D

Welcome, i am glad you stopped by.

HEY!!!

you are both so pretty :D you must be an awesome mom! and i looooove your nick :D:D:D (being a total geek myself :D)

(hug)

so what kind of books/v. games / music?
and umm... autism being such a huge spectrum, how severe is it? :(

NerdGirl said:
Hello, everyone. :) My name is Elizabeth. I'm 23, although I've been married, divorced, and had a kid already so I'm really like..35. ;)

Welcome Elizabeth. It's better to be 23 and have done something than 35 and done sod all like me. Your son's cute. He must make you very proud. Enjoy the forum.

packyourbags said:
HEY!!!

you are both so pretty :D you must be an awesome mom! and i looooove your nick :D:D:D (being a total geek myself :D)

(hug)

so what kind of books/v. games / music?
and umm... autism being such a huge spectrum, how severe is it? :(

Thank you for the welcome, everyone. :)

My son is considered severely autistic right now, but I don't really think of it in terms like that. He's almost 4 and unable to speak, use utensils, dress himself, isn't totally potty trained, has a hard time with transitions, etc. However, I know he's a very smart, affectionate little guy and I try to focus on the things he can do rather than what he can't right now. I have a lot of hope for him, and he gets a lot of therapy, so I feel very lucky for that. :)

As for video games, I really like RPGs. I'm currently playing Fallout 3, Tales of Vesperia, and Blue Dragon on my Xbox. :p I used to play WoW a lot, but I'm sort of poverty stricken right now so I had to quit that. How about you? :)

Thanks again for the warm welcome. :)

Thank you for the welcome, everyone. :)

My son is considered severely autistic right now, but I don't really think of it in terms like that. He's almost 4 and unable to speak, use utensils, dress himself, isn't totally potty trained, has a hard time with transitions, etc. However, I know he's a very smart, affectionate little guy and I try to focus on the things he can do rather than what he can't right now. I have a lot of hope for him, and he gets a lot of therapy, so I feel very lucky for that. :)

As for video games, I really like RPGs. I'm currently playing Fallout 3, Tales of Vesperia, and Blue Dragon on my Xbox. :p I used to play WoW a lot, but I'm sort of poverty stricken right now so I had to quit that. How about you? :)

Thanks again for the warm welcome. :)
[/quote]

you are AWESOME for treating it like that, and thinking of it differently. and i think you are right. it's never obvious, how these things work. (hug). you are AWESOME.

and YAY for RPG's! i never tried WoW, since it's too expensive.
but i do play GuildWars, since it's MMORPG, but with a once-only payment thing. so eh :D that's the only one i do tho :D

what kind of music do you like?

Latest posts

Back