Would a video game store take this trade?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abbeyroad92

Reaction score
Basically there's an independent video game store I know of that has everything from NES to Genesis to Xbox 360. I'm looking to get some sort of console from the early 90s, like a SNES or a Genesis. I have a PS2 that I bought purely for Guitar hero that I want to trade. It's the fat ps2 with one controller. I also have guitar hero 2 with controller, gh3 with controller, rock band with guitar and drums, and ace combat 5. I emailed them but they still haven't responded yet. Do you think this is enough to get one of those consoles I listed with a game or two?

That should be more than enough, in my opinion, but it depends on how much they value the older consoles and games they sell.

Hard to tell with indie stores, they’re independent with their pricing so different stores will have different rules depending on value and stock levels etc.

I knew of a store like that once. It would depend on the quality. If it was in or out of the box, and if it was a collector's edition copy, like the SNES that came with the black cartridge Killer Instinct or that ******* pikachu N64. Those in the box could sell for a lot more than you're looking to spend on a system that you just want to use. Only problem with older and used cartridge systems is the risk that they wont work properly. My sega genesis is so old and abused (I got it used when I was 4) I have to use a piece of duck tape to hold the cartridge forward so that it meets the contacts and plays properly. Otherwise, it can have a lot of interesting issues, or not play at all. Also, old cartridges in games that save your progress have a battery that saves that information. If you buy a used copy of that sort of game, it will be very likely that you wont be able to save the game anymore. I have a few N64 games that wont save anymore because the battery has died. The only way to fix it is to have a certain tool (that isn't easy to find) and replace the battery in the cartridge without breaking it.

What you should do, is look for a torrent with an emulator and games. I have one for both Sega Genesis and SNES that have 600-700 games each.

So they responded and they said $30 - $40. I think that's a lowball offer so I'm just gonna keep my stuff. They definitely wouldn't give me a SNES with controllers and games for $40. I'd probably regret trading in the PS2 in the future anyways.

@SkuzzieMuff
I've played emulators before and they're great but I want to collect the actual consoles.

You are lucky! I wish there was a place like that around here.

In fact, I am sure there "must" be, but I don't know of any...and I think it's tragic.

Latest posts

Back