You are confronted at gunpoint

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

potato

Curious as to how others may react in this situation. I understand that the mods may see this topic as unsuitable, but I trust and welcome their judgement on status of it.

Now, let's say, you are confronted at gunpoint.

You might have been out, walking to get the mail, just getting home and out of your car, etc. And then, a car pulls up, window down, gun pointed only where you can see it -- meaning, even if others drive by during this event, they will have no idea that you are a target at gunpoint.

The gunman tells you to get in the car. What do you do next?

Would you:
Call their bluff, risk getting shot
Go in the car (hey, they do have a gun, afterall), but you risk never being heard from again, or being at the mercy of god knows what the person's intentions are, or end up in a ditch anyway
Cry for help

Granted, we may never genuinely know what we would do in such an intense situation.

What would you do?

i've been confronted at gunpoint three times in my life.

shot at once.

last time it happened, i yelled "do it, do it ******"

bumrushed the guy, took his gun away, and my brother and i proceeded to beat him and his friend's faces until unrecognizable messes.

i wanted to kill him, but my brother wouldn't let me.

likely a good call on his part.

I'd go into the car and try to open the door to throw myself out when they are distracted (and not driving too fast). For what I've heard on the news, people who did this succeeded in saving their lives.

Run. Always. You may get shot, but you stand a better chance of survival. They're aiming at a moving target if you're running away. If you get into the car, you're done.
Just my opinion.

EveWasFramed said:
Run. Always. You may get shot, but you stand a better chance of survival. They're aiming at a moving target if you're running away. If you get into the car, you're done.
Just my opinion.

yep.

also run at 45 degree angles.

harder to shoot a target that is not only moving AWAY from you but it also moving from SIDE TO SIDE.

Trent said:
i've been confronted at gunpoint three times in my life.

shot at once.

last time it happened, i yelled "do it, do it ******"

bumrushed the guy, took his gun away, and my brother and i proceeded to beat him and his friend's faces until unrecognizable messes.

i wanted to kill him, but my brother wouldn't let me.

likely a good call on his part.

about two months later, was confronted by the guy's older brother (an active Navy Seal) who asked why we did what we did...

lol

fortunately, dude understood that pulling a gun is pretty much like ordering a can of whoopass and let sleeping dogs lie.

What Eve and Trent said. Run away in side to side directions. When someone can point a gun at you in public... you know they are perfectly capable of doing much worse when they have you to themselves..

Run. A gunshot is loud, and quite a few people would not risk actually firing, while being willing to brandish it to influence and intimidate you.

I've done almost exactly what Trent has done once too, though. Most people, even trash and criminals, are often too weak to actually be willing to kill when it matters. Failing that, remember that you usually have enough time to kill or at least cripple him before you die from the trauma if you had prepared; that's an important mental aspect to responding to assault.

The reason I didnt bother mentioning running at an angle, or side to side, is because (sort of like LK said) most people would do well just have the good sense to RUN. Asking them to remember to run side to side, etc. would be a bit much considered they're probably be scared shitless. :p

I've always heard that one must never, EVER get into a car (or remain in a car) with dangerous people when you fear your life is in danger. I like to believe, based on previous experience, that my adrenaline would kick in, I would run serpentine. I don't think I'd scream for help, but who knows, I'd just follow what my fear tells me to do. As for physical injuries/taking a bullet, I'd just count on the adrenaline to take care of the pain until I get to safety.

LoneKiller said:
Well. After I'm done crapping my pants. I would get in the car. Pretty tough to outrun a bullet

This is the smartest strategy, when LK get's in the car his abductors will be like "dude did you crap your pants! oh that stinks, get out of the car!!!"

Ive been bum rush at gun piont and a knife put to my throat.
2 dudes in a ski mask....You simply co operate at that piont.
I got luckie or used 1 of my nine lives that night.
They got around $20 out of my wallect but people had been killed for less.

Ive also been shot at. We were far away enough and in our car...but it was still messed up.

Ive had friends fresia around with gun and lasor site pionting at me. They really need to get ***** slapp.

If someone pionted a gun at me....it all depends what gun, how and where the gun is pointed at me.
Generally I would wanna get out of the line of fire and aviod getting in the car.
But then again,,,,I might just freezed if my mind didnt click fast enough. So Im basically screwed
until someone makes a mistake and how I feel about the situation . How the situation changes...
In other words that barral better be pointed to my head at all times...If not, there's gonna be a struggle
of some kind.

Lets say Im order at gun piont to drive the car...I'll take my chances with the air bags and a head on.
Let siad Im order into the car first..that fucken gun better be pionted at my head or Im out the other door.
It'll even take my chances of jumping out of the car while it's moving. I might get injured bad but I'll live.
if that gun sint pionted at my head or vital organs...I'll jump.

If they intend to shoot you, your best chance is to run while you have the chance.

I'd probably just soil myself and hope that they value their upholstery.

I do cheat them. put my hand on my chest, try to show by my face I am painful and assume I have a heart failure cause. Then I seat on the ground then I lie on the ground and stay motionless. they will suppose I have died so scare and go away. This is similar cheating a bear ..... :D

Few week ago I decided to walk back to my college because the taxi line at the train station was a billion people long.

So there I am walking to school the few blocks from the subway station and the first few blocks are fine. Then, this car pulls up and this guy talks to me but I can't quite make out what he said I ignore him and keep walking. I have my big backpack on filled with school books from studying statistics with a friend.

I mutter to myself about how guys are rude not to leave me alone when all I want to do is walk back to my college. It's happened before when I went to the convienience store at night, guys come up to me and try to initiate "conversation" they don't do this during the day! Anyways, I decide to cross the street over to my college. But when I step out onto the street I see the same car turn the corner of the block I just walked down.

fresia!

He went around the block and is trailing me.

I step away from the curve and continue to walk down the block that I was on.

He pulls up alongside me again and this time I hear what he is saying. He is asking me if I want a ride.

I keep ignoring him but he keeps driving alongside me until the end of the block.

He could have genuinely just been trying to help, but what good guy in their right mind is going to think a young woman is going to get in their car? Hello?

TL: DR I love long taxi cab lines.

Another story... (the first took place in the ghetto outside my city school)My car had blown a flat. My phone was dead. I was in the rural countryside and the houses I had tried were vacant.

It was pouring down rain. I didn't have an unbrella so I started walking the 5 miles home in nothing but a hoodie.

Pretty soon I was very wet.

This truck drives by and slows down. There is a guy inside and he asks me if I need a ride.

I hesitate. Strange guy. I could never be heard from again. So I stand there looking at him for a moment in the pouring rain fully knowing how insane it would be to get in his truck.

I do it anyways. I explain my car is broken and that I need to get home.

He takes me home and on the way calls into work that he will be late.

Nothing bad happened to me.

The thing about strange guys asking you if they can help is that...you can't tell the good guys from the bad guys. With the damage the bad guys with bad intentions could do to me, it far outweighs the benefits of me giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Parabolani said:
LoneKiller said:
Well. After I'm done crapping my pants. I would get in the car. Pretty tough to outrun a bullet

This is the smartest strategy, when LK get's in the car his abductors will be like "dude did you crap your pants! oh that stinks, get out of the car!!!"
Great minds think alike.:D

Latest posts

Back