left behind

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snow

Reaction score
I'm almost 22 and noticed that the only girls that ever give me the time of day are those finishing highschool or starting college (17-18). Go any years older and they are always taken (typically have a fiancee), have kids already, have a repulsive personality, or just plain don't like me. Over the last 6 months I've lost my few female friends, they simply don't ever contact me. When I do attempt to contact them the conversation is really short and I'm always blown off. I don't act clingy or anything. Most of my guy friends are happily in a relationship, and I'm noticing old acquintances that are slightly older than me getting married (dropping like flies lol).

What will happen when I'm too old for the 17-18 year olds? I'm not in a big hurry to find someone, just I feel like my time to find someone special is slowly, undetectably... slipping away.....

Don't worry, it's not too late for you yet. 22 is nothing! An 19 year old girl in my class have a boyfriend that's 31. And a classmate in my former class had a 26 year old boyfriend. I bet there's tons of more examples.

I would really like to be together with someone at my own age, but as you say, everyone already seem to have a boyfriend. Oh love, just give me a chance!

You're worried and you're only 22? Wait until you reach 36. I've had those experiences as well. When your so called "female friends" don't contact you or don't want to go out with you but they find some loser to do those things with and act as if they found God. They then have you wondering what went wrong. You walk around and see so many guys who you know don't really care about treating women as good as you and they have women seemingly in love with them. Voodoo? Hypnotism? Black magic? Money? Car? Fancy cell phones? I don't know. A next thing that happens with me is that if I call them, some may be short with me but in addition some may:
1. Constantly say they're busy with something everytime I call.
2. Speak with me for a very long time and run up my phone bill (it's like "Yay I got a free call") but never call back.
3. Only when they want something they actually call.
4. If I call their cell phone (and they have my name and number on their phone) they just don't answer.
Always unavailable. Some of these women have about 3 cell phones and you can't get in contact with them via any of those numbers? Something is definitely wrong. I wish someone could explain this to me. However, sometimes you see them yapping away on the phone or with someone and you wonder what's so great about their conversations. It's very puzzling.

yea i can agree with you on that. im 23 atm. I started to get close to this one girl who was also 23, i thought she liked me since we seemed to be getting close and all but as fast as we were becoming close, at least close enough for me to maybe suggest we go out for a bite to eat or get a cup of coffee and see where we go from there, BAM! she has a fiancee. I wouldnt say it broke my heart but it sure was a good hit at it.

After that i started to think, girls our age are getting married or having kids, or involved in a deep relationship. and your right, it really does feel we're being left behind. Kinda shocking that i run into this post

When you young ones finally do find someone, it will last the rest of you lives and the girls your age now who are getting married and having children will end up divorced. Just you watch. They don't know what real love is and maybe they're superficial and think of marriage as a status symbol, but you two do (Snow and Motiv) sound like you know what you want in a relationship and your future.

Good luck, both of you! And you too, Cool John :).

Latest posts

Back