I'm at a loss

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Back in March 2021 I broke off a relationship with a long time friend. We'd known each other since high school (1983) and become very close after her husband (who was also a good friend of mine from the same high school) died of cancer back in 2014. We were both going through hard times in life and were rocks for each other. We even ended up doing some sexting and talked about "getting together" but we never got around to it and other conversation we were having were strained and I couldn't take it anymore and told her we'd better just end it to save further angst. She blocked me on Facebook where we were messaging, but I still had her phone number. After 2 years and missing her greatly, I reached out with a book recommendation (she's an avid reader like me and it was a safe casual way to break the ice I guessed) and her response was such that I didn't reply any more. I eventually got over losing her as a friend and confidante, but she was in my dreams many times. I didn't have her in my contact list anymore when I got this message from her yesterday. I didn't respond at the time as I thought it was scam message via whatsapp, but today I saw it was a text message.

"I had a dream last night and you were in it. So I feel I need to check in and say hi. I know it's been awhile but I do hope you're ok and life is treating you well💕"

Still thinking it was a scam, I replied "Your number isn't in my contact list. Who are you?"

Her reply, "Hahaha - It's ---."

My response, "Oh. That was unexpected. I actually thought it was a scammer. I'm a little lost for words. I hope you are well. Thx for checking in."

I'm yet to get another response, but I'm blown away she even contacted me. I don't know how to feel about it.

Last edited:
Did you receive the message from her in a text? Like SMS? Or something like WhatsApp? I’m wondering from a maybe her whatsapp was hacked stand point.

Assuming it really is her, I’m glad she reached out even if its just to say hi.

So her initially blocking you seems like a response to romantic rejection. That's very immature, not the behaviour of a genuine friend. I hate to be the Doubting Thomas here but I'd be wary of going through the ringer again with this person.

So her initially blocking you seems like a response to romantic rejection. That's very immature, not the behaviour of a genuine friend. I hate to be the Doubting Thomas here but I'd be wary of going through the ringer again with this person.
No. Nothing to do with romantic rejection. It’s a bit complex.

This thread can probably be closed please @Minus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back