Emotional Outburst :(

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merieth

Reaction score
I have been feeling really lonely the last few days, thinking too much about stuff. I try not to think about it and cheer myself up, but lately I've been so darn emotional... anyway, I was IMing my friend (the one I have a crush on) and we were talking about how a lot of people don't really value friendship.

Well, the conversation continued and eventually I got really emotional and wound up spilling all my thoughts and feelings to him. I didn't say anything bad; just basically how much I like him and why, and how I've been feeling lately. I hope to talk to him again today, but I know I was wrong to let myself get so over-emotional.

Does anyone else have times like this where they just can't contain everything they've been trying to hold inside? Even after I let it out, it doesn't feel better.. no matter how much I cry, it still hurts. (I think I know why I'm feeling like this...) I really want to feel better.

Also... a question for my fellow girls out there: how do you deal with your PMS?

Thanks for reading... I just wanted to get my thoughts down.

Merieth said:
I have been feeling really lonely the last few days, thinking too much about stuff. I try not to think about it and cheer myself up, but lately I've been so darn emotional... anyway, I was IMing my friend (the one I have a crush on) and we were talking about how a lot of people don't really value friendship.

Well, the conversation continued and eventually I got really emotional and wound up spilling all my thoughts and feelings to him. I didn't say anything bad; just basically how much I like him and why, and how I've been feeling lately. I hope to talk to him again today, but I know I was wrong to let myself get so over-emotional.

Does anyone else have times like this where they just can't contain everything they've been trying to hold inside? Even after I let it out, it doesn't feel better.. no matter how much I cry, it still hurts. (I think I know why I'm feeling like this...) I really want to feel better.

Also... a question for my fellow girls out there: how do you deal with your PMS?

Thanks for reading... I just wanted to get my thoughts down.

Hey girl! I've been wondering how you've been doing? I've not been too great myself. I certainly know how it is to spill your feelings and cry and everything and still have it hurt. The trouble is dealing with the outcome of the outburst. I still don't know how to deal with that myself but I just thought I would let you know you aren't alone! As far as PMS well I've actually tried some herbal things I got at a health store they work pretty well I can find some and send you the link if you want. :)

Hope you feel better
Hugs

Hey Merith,

Nothing in the world wrong with expressing your feelings good, bad or otherwise to someone else - is my thinking.

Takes a bunch of guts to do that anyways....much to your credit!

To just put yourself 'out there' and BE vulnerable.

Shoot, HOW ELSE are you gonna know?

And even if it is not reciprocated - then that's OK either way.

The worse thing any of us can do is to hold our feelings to ourselves forever stewing about all the "what ifs?"

But you put yourself out there. So what? If its not reciprocated - hey - at least you had the guts to put yourself out there...and one of these days....it WILL pay off for ya girlfriend!

It really will!!!! (trust me) and more importantly....keep trusting yourself!

Emotional Outburst eh? I suppose having such an emotional outburst is a much better alternative, than bottling up your emotions Merieth. I used to bottle them up, but then I figured a way to vent them (exercising). For me, negative emotion can be translated into anger, which can be used to fuel motivation which can help you drop 60 lbs :D. Although sometimes letting it out to a person can leave you feeling pretty stupid. Whether or not the guy you spoke to was the right guy, there's no real way to tell. It would make me feel exposed and vulnerable...letting ones guard down so-to-speak..er...type. Maybe it's just me but I don't like the idea of letting my guard down. Not until I'm really comfortable (and/or drunk) with someone. But almost every time I do drop the guard, I end up feeling like a fool afterwords...:shy:. However, perhaps it's taking that step into that unnatural territory...doing the thing that you wouldn't normally do that will take things into a whole new direction for you. I agree that opening your emotions takes a lot of courage, and though sometimes it might be a touch ill-conceived, at the very least it strengthens character.

I'm kind of in the same boat as you though, I decided to just break down and ask this girl I met out and it ended up being kind of...weird. If you'd care to lend your view on what I did I just posted in the relationship section called "just friends".

I'm glad you finally talked to him... how did he respond?

Bottling up emotions you don't know how to handle only results in an eventual outburst, that is just how it goes. Sometimes, when the pressure is getting to me and something is bothering me I just have to take the time to consciously sit down and logically sort out my emotions. I compartmentalise my thoughts, get the facts straight and figure out a solution, no matter how much I have to compromise my happiness to solve it. This can be a very therapeutic exercise.

I had a nervous breakdown once whilst I was at work because I neglected to do this, it wasn't good. I was wandering around outside in tears for ages and just couldn't stop crying, returned to try and explain myself to the supervisor who just didn't understand, so I left and never came back. This was the start of a deep period of depression which ended up in me attempting suicide, I had my heart broken one too many times, hated my job which is the only one I could get at the time and was just feeling lonely, desperate and confused.

It is important to keep yourself in check.

I sometimes had a couple of breakdowns, when I was under wayyyy to much stress (and I do mean a lot!). of course I never told anyone about them, nor did i have one in front of another person. i keep my emotions in check when I'm with other people, even with close family members

Merieth said:

Women "issues" are scurry. @_@

Guys, we're at DEFCON ONE!!

Haha... hilariously enough, when a dude says that just about any guy within earshot is going to understand. :p It's international man-code for "my girlfriend is batshit crazy on her period right now." And of course there are different levels each explaining the severity of the situation.

Don't be mad, ladies, this is mens' way of surviving a PMS-armageddon.

:p

P.S. No offense to the ladies here. :p

Merieth said:

Yep. (((Merieth)))

Sometimes I feel better after the emotional outbursts; other times the melancholy lingers. :(

Merieth said:

A number of ways, depending on what symptoms are bothering me.

For fluid retention, I really try to be extra-careful about my salt/sodium intake. I also try to watch my carb intake because for me anyway, that only makes the bloating worse.

Traditional Medicinals makes a great tea called, appropriately enough, PMS Tea. It includes Uva Ursi root which is an effective diuretic which doesn't (in my experience anyway) give you the water retention bounce-back effect that other diuretics do. It also has crampbark which is also very good at alleviating cramps. It tastes pretty good too.

I sometimes take black cohosh, evening primrose oil and valerian root. I'll often put some valerian drops in a cup of the PMS tea before I lie down on the really bad days when only some rest can help.

Those are just the physical symptoms. The moods are harder to combat and I have noticed that my mood swings got noticeably worse after my pregnancies. Don't know if it's a hormonal thing or just a general loss of patience. :p

I generally just try to suck it up and not snap everyone's heads off right off the bat, although I do give the people in my life fair warning not to mess around with me for that week. The valerian root has a sedative action to it, and a few drops in chamomile tea helps me with some of the irritability.

Some people swear by the birth control pill as a way to control the PMS symptoms, and since it regulates your hormones, it's quite possible. Other people like the B vitamins, and still others like over the counter stuff like Pamprin and Midol. Those last two tend to knock me out, so I like to avoid them when possible.

You have my sympathies. It's a major ******* drag and with nothing but a full hysterectomy or menopause to look forward to as permanent relief. Go, Team Estrogen! Woo-hoo!

Latest posts

Back