Hello from Canada :D

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrathofcanis

Reaction score
Hi, My name is Maria I'm 20 years old

I am from Venezuela but I am an currently in Canada studying, I've been in Canada for 5 years now.

I've always been very shy, I was bulliyed in school for 11 years (around kindergarden to 9th grade) and for many years, isolating myself was my way of copping with bulliying.

Now I'm in college in a new country with a whole new set of people but, I was bullied for such a long time that my tendency to isolate myself it's very strong and I have a hard time making friends or even talking to people I don't know well. My family is away, back in Venezuela so I spend a lot of time by myself and it's getting the best out of me :(

so I want to share with other lonely people, and know about their experiences.. and not feel like an outcast :D

Pardon my English by the way -_-

Hey Maria. Welcome to the site. I'm sorry about being bullied and being away from your family. Anyway, best of luck. May you find friends that are awesome. Here and there. :)

I don't think your English is bad! :)

Sorry to hear you were bullied, please try to not let your bullies dictate your future behavior (isolating). You don't have to deal with them anymore. Don't let them win!

Your English seems just fine.
Welcome to the site :)

Wrathofcanis said:
Hi, My name is Maria I'm 20 years old

I am from Venezuela but I am an currently in Canada studying, I've been in Canada for 5 years now.

I've always been very shy, I was bulliyed in school for 11 years (around kindergarden to 9th grade) and for many years, isolating myself was my way of copping with bulliying.

Now I'm in college in a new country with a whole new set of people but, I was bullied for such a long time that my tendency to isolate myself it's very strong and I have a hard time making friends or even talking to people I don't know well. My family is away, back in Venezuela so I spend a lot of time by myself and it's getting the best out of me :(

so I want to share with other lonely people, and know about their experiences.. and not feel like an outcast :D

Pardon my English by the way -_-
Hi Maria, I think it is good that U are now in a country with more opportunities and higher standards of living. Although I accept that being away from family is hard. What do U think U are unique at?

Welcome Maria. I found nothing wrong with your English. I'm sure you will find a way to overcome your shyness, it's a new start for you :)

Latest posts

Back