Hello from Hailey

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaileyB

Reaction score
Hello,I am Hailey having depression and anxiety for a year now.It was after my 44th birthday,I became someone different.Was angry at times and my wife saw it at first.Finally told me I needed help.I thought my marriage of 22 years was over although we did separate for a month.I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety which my therapist noticed it was from a couple things,that happened me in the past.I did finally open up that my late dad did sexually abuse me and I was transgender.Dad molested me at age 10 and knew I was transgender at age 11 locking it the closet also bottling it up.My family knew dad was harmful to me at times.My twin sister also noticed a couple her dresses a little out of place when we were 11,thought it was her and it was me after trying them on.Both of my therapists say I am doing well,it has been day by day one step at a time.I have been transitioning for a year on the estrogen and male hormone blockers.My wife and I have worked things out and has adjusted to the changes very well with her support.She says she has her husband back the same person but much happier.My family,they have been supportive,my twin sister says she does not miss the twin brother she had.Dad passed when I was 18.

Welcome to the forums.

Work,it has been great and co workers say I have my life back which is true.They also have been supportive of my transition.Had my facial feminization surgery and trachea shave in November which the recovery is going well

Welcome HaileyB! Hope you like it here.
I like it here and my recovery is going well with my depression and aanxiety.My therapist I see for this does call me Hailey.My therapist for my transition diagnosed me with gender dysphoria and is glad my transition to female is going good.Saw her on Tuesday.

Curious due to ignorance. So does the dysphoria just disappear once you've fully transitioned?
Yes,I have been happier ever since I started a year ago.Have not decided on the GRS which will be made next year,I have time for this still.

....Have not decided on the GRS which will be made next year...
Had to google that, which has lead me to another question, if that's okay. Do you know why some people who feel they're in the wrong body and then begin to transition, opt to keep their original "bits" even if they can afford to go the whole way?

Had to google that, which has lead me to another question, if that's okay. Do you know why some people who feel they're in the wrong body and then begin to transition, opt to keep their original "bits" even if they can afford to go the whole way?
Some decide not to have it done due to regrets,there are the pros and cons to it I have to think about

It is after having the srs,the regrets sometimes happens
You'll have to excuse my ignorance at all the acronyms. I don't know what SRS is. I'm assuming it something to do with the transition process. What do you think is the cause of the regret? Did they think they had their thoughts wrong and they really did belong in the body they were born into? If so, what caused them to believe they were in the wrong body to being with, social pressures, stigmas, poor parenting, mental health? I'm genuinely interested. I'm not trying to intimate anything, but if you feel uncomfortable, don't feel you have to give me an answer.

You'll have to excuse my ignorance at all the acronyms. I don't know what SRS is. I'm assuming it something to do with the transition process. What do you think is the cause of the regret? Did they think they had their thoughts wrong and they really did belong in the body they were born into? If so, what caused them to believe they were in the wrong body to being with, social pressures, stigmas, poor parenting, mental health? I'm genuinely interested. I'm not trying to intimate anything, but if you feel uncomfortable, don't feel you have to give me an answer.
Sex reassignment surgery,some live a good life as pre op transsexuals

Latest posts

Back