Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to you?
....... well not a normal thing here but anything that ever comes from me is always far from normal.. but here goes.

about 20 yrs ago or so I was on a parking deck, the type that spirals up and I was towards the top going up and another car was on top going down, well I was trying to get a parking space- and I "thought' that she was trying to take 'my' space that I had been waiting for., and she blew the horn at me, but I refused to move, she yelled at me (obscenities) and then went around my car and disappeared, I parked and went inside the building to handle my business.... an hour or so later I came back out to my car to leave.. and there was a note under my windshield wiper.... I got it and opened it up.... and it read.. "to the lady that I yelled and was rude to, I do apologize to you, I am sorry, and should have never said what I said, I hope that you forgive me."

That made me cry, I was so touched. ... so very touched.
[img][Image: dr7b13.jpg][/img]
(09-15-2011, 04:29 AM)Sci-Fi Wrote: I've had lots of compliments from customers that said I was very helpful, nice and informative. One guy told me that he likes how I don't bullshit. I had a rather jerk of a customer one day that was giving me a real hard time. I kept my cool and when the guy left these two ladies (who are real nice and come in a couple times a year) gushed over how well I handled the guy. One of them was ready to smack him. They still mention it sometimes when they come around. That really makes my day when customers give compliments, especially when you are at work, it really lifts up your spirits.

Once, my boss personally complimented me on a project I had done. He rarely ever does that. Even the girls in the office told me how impressed he was, I guess he was showing them what I had done up.

One time I was babysitting these two kids (many years ago), a brother and sister, who wanted to go to the variety store. There was this old lady there who I won't describe because it will come off mean. Anyway she told the girl that she is so lucky to have such a handsome babysitter. That totally embarrassed me and made my face turn red, so much so that the little girl told me to thank her for the compliment. LOL!!

Much respect for being able to work in a job that deals with the general public, personally I couldn't do it, after the first month i'd walk in with an AK-47 and start mowing customers down lol.

As to the nicest thing a persons said to me ?....To be honest it's been so long I can't think of anything.

"I don't hate you".
"I love your voice."

"Why my voice?"

"Because it's yours..."

This made my month a while back.
Recently,

'Mouse you are quietly awesome, hun'.
-KinzeUK

That was very sweet of you. Smile

"Oh look honey he managed to go to the toilet all by himself " hah kidding.
A month ago a friend of mine needed a place to stay because he was thrown out of where he lived so I took him in until he finds a new place to stay . And about a week ago he told me how much he appreciates what I did for him and that I'm a true friend , so there's a refill that will have to last for some time.
If all the world's a stage I sure got lousy seats...
When my English professor became the first person to tell me I was intelligent. My family and relatives labeled me stupid my entire life, so that was a life changing experience. It was the moment I realized that I should pursue what I have a passion for rather than what I'm pressured to.
I've been sat here for about 5 minutes trying to remember.

Hmm.
Probably two separate legends, that I played guitar like both Jimi Hendrix, and Jimmy Page!

Also, that I lost weight recently.
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi
Pleased to update mine! Smile

A couple of days ago a girl was asking me whether I've been exercising, I explained I was cycling every day and doing my pressups and stuff and she seemed surprised. Then she paused for a moment and said "You look great."

Surprisingly, I actually managed to thank her despite going completely shy and becoming really interested at the floor Shy

I was quite taken aback though. I spend a lot of my time putting myself down for not looking like my ideal physically, so for someone to say that...really nice ^^

Not that it's changed anything about the way I see myself...heh! Rolleyes
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things...and no good thing ever dies."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One positive thing you accomplished today... EveWasFramed 1,447 220,548 11-07-2018, 04:35 AM
Last Post: Serenia
  A good thing today solkindersol 7 3,703 09-21-2011, 07:57 AM
Last Post: annik
  Quest against Depression (Come on look at the bloody thing before judging :D) Frodo Baggins 30 7,354 06-01-2010, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Badjedidude