planning for a future of loneliness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

tell me if this sounds strange

my plan for the future is to buy some land far away from any cities, build myself a house, and basically live the rest of my life completely alone. i'm so excited about it and i have almost all of it planned out (about 1/3 of the money saved up so far)

i dont really have any friends and my family is not very close to me. i am always so happy when i am alone i just cant wait to be able to be alone always

i can be a very likable person and at work everyone LOVES me (i'm a hard worker) but its not really me. i just kinda fake it really good. in reality i'd prefer to be alone

i'm male, age 25, everyone says i will change my mind someday but i really dont think so, i've always enjoyed being by myself. does this all seem strange or seem like it would or wouldnt work? anyone else feel this way?

Heh, not to argue semantics, but I think you're planning for a life of hermitism. I've done it before, and it always seems like such a great idea. And it is for a while, until you realize just how **** lonely you are, and by leaving most of your social life behind, you'll have to start over making friends. I'd suggest against it, but most people are usually dead set on going through their plans, so I'll tell you that you will regret it after you do it.

Heh, not to argue semantics, but I think you're planning for a life of hermitism. I've done it before, and it always seems like such a great idea. And it is for a while, until you realize just how **** lonely you are, and by leaving most of your social life behind, you'll have to start over making friends. I'd suggest against it, but most people are usually dead set on going through their plans, so I'll tell you that you will regret it after you do it.

Hermitism...hmm...I've thought of that in the past. Of course my plans were always to be independentally wealthy so that I clould live in my beautiful mountain home with my 2 dogs (to be bought with my new money) and come down from the mountain for shopping and the occasional social encounter. As of yet my financial situation is the same so its still a dream. :rolleyes:

Frecconia said:
Hermitism...hmm...I've thought of that in the past. Of course my plans were always to be independentally wealthy so that I clould live in my beautiful mountain home with my 2 dogs (to be bought with my new money) and come down from the mountain for shopping and the occasional social encounter. As of yet my financial situation is the same so its still a dream. :rolleyes:

Isn't it sort of strange, how a more simple life can be such a rare and precious commodity sometimes? -How it can often even seem unattainable?

ps. I really like the quote in your signature, by the way. :)

Latest posts

Back