Can weather changes make us feel anxious and depressed? [Read below please]

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kindster

Reaction score
Week ago my sister that isnt anxious nor depressed said that she is getting short breaths i was like "wahaha welcome to the world of anxious and depressed" and i felt awesome or should i say NON anxious as i felt in last 5 months.... And day after i started breathing really short with difficulties and i started breaking things in my house while crying because it somehow simulated something that took the joy out of my life for last 3 years. I was feeling great in last 5 months and therapists could agree with me that i was cured from depression and anxiety. BUT ITS BACK i am not sure if its the hot weather or is it just me. So i went out with a friend of mine and he started joking with me but it wasnt like a week ago where i was joking back i almost started crying this time and i had felt that anxiety is back but i can't figure out what is causing it because i am living the same social way as i did before it came again... Please guide me ??? :(

Actually yeah it can. Around here it's usually the winter time around the holidays. The cold, the lack of sun, the stress and anxiety that comes with the holidays, it can really do a number on some people. Sometimes long stretches of cloudy raining weather will pull peoples moods down as well. Our sun recharges our bodies, it can actually lift your mood.

Everyone seems to get depressed during the winter and fall besides me. I love winter,and I feel my best during that season. I get depressed during the summer because I hate everything about it.

There's a condition known here as S.A.D. (Seasonal Adjustment Disorder) which makes some people feel down but I think the key word is "seasonal" insomuch as it's a gradual change over (at least) a few weeks rather than a sudden change as in "God it's so hot this week it's making me really short tempered!!!".

And for what it's worth it's traditionally the winter period (with it's associated lack of sunshine and outdoor activities) that are most widely recognised as being the gloomy season.

Col.

Latest posts

Back