Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time doesn't always make things better
Looks like another case where on of two partners completely led on the other with false hopes and unkempt promises. It really is hard when someone gives you reasons to visualize an entire future and then pulls the rag under your feet. i agree with you, time doesn't always make things better, but time does allow you to look for someone else, who could be right for you, so you may have dodged a bullet there. Imagine if you got married and she showed her true colors after the knot was tied. I know you don't like to hear it but in that case yes, things could be worse.
(11-03-2013, 06:30 AM)Mike510 Wrote:
(11-03-2013, 06:21 AM)Seeker Wrote: Hey Mike, I'm really sorry you had something like this happen to you. I've been cheated by a girl I loved before as well and it took me 7 months to get over it, so I totally understand how you feel. What made me get over it was another girl I met, which I came to love even more, because she was miles ahead of the previous one. My point is, since you are having dates, maybe you could start paying more attention to the new women you meet, maybe one of them has more to offer than your ex ever had. You also already realize that you didn't mean all that much to your ex if she cheated on you and then showered you with cliche movie lines to try to justify her actions, which really are beyond justification, especially since you two were engaged. Does this kind of person deserve your thoughts? I think not. At the end of the day, at least you didn't get to be cheated after getting married, so things could definitely had been much worse.

Thanks. The problem I have was my ex was very affectionate we would always tell one another how much we love one another and after 2 and a half years 1 day I am suddenly nothing to her. The women I have meet are not like her, the one I am going out with now I am convienced has no respect for me, every time we go out she expects me to pay for her meal does not even offer to pay. Now she wants me to her something because she used all her money on shopping. Before her it was some girl I meet on the first date who wanted to already get married and have children. It hurts me because I feel like I shouldn't even be in these situations I should be with the person I loved.

Some people are very skilled at lying, nothing more, nothing less. I hope you can find peace this new year.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Best Relationship - with God All Things are Possible AlertChristians 2 427 06-18-2019, 12:57 AM
Last Post: Katrina
  If your your an average guy, things suck, and theres nothing you can do michael2 63 3,964 06-17-2019, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Richard_39
  Top 3 things your partner can do that makes you happy EveWasFramed 64 9,094 04-21-2019, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Lonewolf33
  My wife doesn't want me to ruin Christmas.. Black Manta 20 1,291 01-07-2019, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Puddled Duck
  If things don't work out with my husband, it's the single life for me. cosmosandmusiclover 5 686 12-25-2018, 01:34 PM
Last Post: cosmosandmusiclover
  Relationships - what to make of them? Twiggy 18 1,323 11-19-2018, 04:35 AM
Last Post: Twiggy
  How much time should be spent together? hppnssseeker 3 833 05-07-2018, 02:18 AM
Last Post: smarty24
  If she doesnt love him in one week time... Hawx79 11 1,718 02-22-2018, 05:41 AM
Last Post: VanillaCreme
  Flirting doesn't seem to mean anything? TheSolitaryMan 12 2,781 11-14-2017, 10:28 AM
Last Post: Red_Wedding_Casualty
  How do I make the awkwardness stop? Azariah 2 938 11-04-2017, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Azariah