Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated the forum software
I know there are a number of issues after upgrading.
Some good new things, but also some broken things. I believe it comes from upgrading and then the upgrade process partially conflicting with already made modifications to the templates. There is also a huge number of javascript errors/warnings Sad

I will attempt to fix issues one by one, as I have the time.
"There are no answers. There are only Choices." (From Solaris)
I'm sure there were valid reasons for upgrading and that it improved the site beyond those nice rounded edges, hehe. The now-faulty modifications are what catches people's attention first of course...but as long as it's fixed up in due time, it's all good.
"When your solution is exactly the same as your problem then you've successfully dismantled all possibility of human endeavour and you still think you're commanding the cosmic orchestra from the comfort of your own atrophied amygdala. Well only then you can truly call yourself most people." - Doc

[Image: aztdXAA.png]
(03-01-2016, 05:15 AM)Rodent Wrote: I'm sure there were valid reasons for upgrading and that it improved the site beyond those nice rounded edges, hehe. The now-faulty modifications are what catches people's attention first of course...but as long as it's fixed up in due time, it's all good.

The most important reason for upgrading: Security -- without keeping the security up to date, the site would eventually get hacked and destroyed Sad
"There are no answers. There are only Choices." (From Solaris)
What is the down arrow button next to the page numbers supposed to do? I keep clicking, but it does nothing. Big Grin

ETA: Of course, there isn't one on this thread, but there is on others.
DISCLAIMER:
The views I express are my own opinion. More often than not, if I say "you," it is generalized and not to a person specifically.

My advice is based on my own experiences and those of my friends and family. I may not have a degree saying I read a bunch of books/passed tests, but I have been through a lot and helped others through a lot. Experience is often a better qualification than having read books/passed tests.

I speak in a blunt manner. I mean no disrespect and I'm not being rude. This is just the way I am, please do not take offense.

Take what you like and leave the rest.

(03-01-2016, 08:51 AM)TheRealCallie Wrote: What is the down arrow button next to the page numbers supposed to do? I keep clicking, but it does nothing. Big Grin

ETA: Of course, there isn't one on this thread, but there is on others.

For as far as i'm aware the button can be used to type any page number, and it will let you jump to that page number. This thread does not have one because there are no invisible page numbers, i think.

Oh i make so much sense. Cool
My work is never done.
Volt, now whenever i read a post of yours, I read 'my work is never done' as if it was a part of the message.

I tried to use the 'search' option but it is not working as well.
But that's ok, I shall wait for resuming my stal.. *cough* searching activities.

So the Angel said: 'Thy phantasy has imposed upon me
& thou oughtest to be ashamed.'
I answer'd: 'We impose on one another ,
& it is but lost time to converse with you
whose works are only Analytics.'

Opposition is True Friendship
(03-01-2016, 11:39 PM)Lacrecia Wrote: Volt, now whenever i read a post of yours, I read 'my work is never done' as if it was a part of the message.

I tried to use the 'search' option but it is not working as well.
But that's ok, I shall wait for resuming my stal.. *cough* searching activities.

Yeah, the signature thing is really annoying. Stalking is alot harder now too, since the last visit is now hidden as well on users who enabled "Hide me from who's online list." That's probably a good thing, yes, but let me complain!

Also the arrows that are next to the subforum, indicating if the sub has unread threads is gone, that bugs me too. And the buttons for edit/pm/give rep are gone, it's just text with a link. And .. Well, alot, really.

The generic look of things is something i do like though, but that's pretty much it.
My work is never done.
When will the forum be?

HTTPS

At least when logging in, and inputting your password.
----------------------
I suppose it's sexier to be outright evil than to just be incompetent at being good.- mintymint
I can add another problem to the list. I have a few people on my ignore list and next to their posts there is a button that says 'Show this post', but it no longer works since the upgrade to the forum software.
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do" - Goethe

"Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching" - C. S. Lewis
(03-02-2016, 08:20 AM)Cavey Wrote: I can add another problem to the list. I have a few people on my ignore list and next to their posts there is a button that says 'Show this post', but it no longer works since the upgrade to the forum software.

So, the ignore feature is actually working better (even if it is a flaw in the new design) and it's a problem? LOL

But yeah, that's exactly why I don't use the feature, everyone looks....
DISCLAIMER:
The views I express are my own opinion. More often than not, if I say "you," it is generalized and not to a person specifically.

My advice is based on my own experiences and those of my friends and family. I may not have a degree saying I read a bunch of books/passed tests, but I have been through a lot and helped others through a lot. Experience is often a better qualification than having read books/passed tests.

I speak in a blunt manner. I mean no disrespect and I'm not being rude. This is just the way I am, please do not take offense.

Take what you like and leave the rest.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About The Diary Forum RadioMan 6 832 03-16-2017, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Minus
  Forum Notes Minus 3 5,370 08-06-2016, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Minus
  Forum for the 40+ crowd? HappyYogi 26 3,938 08-29-2014, 10:06 AM
Last Post: LonelySutton
  This forum needs more smiley-options Dexter 4 1,257 02-14-2014, 12:07 PM
Last Post: WildernessWildChild
  I moved the forum to another server bjarne 4 1,398 11-12-2013, 07:46 AM
Last Post: nerdygirl
  i was a global moderator for a massive depressiom forum for years; serious suggestion simhthmss 11 4,848 09-12-2013, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Limlim
  fitness forum petition African_weasel 1 1,117 08-28-2013, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Shut_Out
  Updated the forum software bjarne 24 5,764 06-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Last Post: bjarne
  This forum and privacy cumulus.james 21 3,736 06-08-2012, 09:21 PM
  The forum's Kismet Banning System Mouse 19 3,787 06-08-2012, 09:17 PM