How dark do you like your toast?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boreal

Reaction score
We needed more toast threads on the front page.

I like mine just a bit before golden-brown.

Light.

balmoral.jpg

Ymir said:
I like my toast like I like my men: gluten and egg-free.

No.

Wait...

Well, I like my men with a pink bow and a cute button nose...

hello-kitty-toast.jpeg

Wait... what?

Peaches said:
why there are so many threads about toast?

This is very, very important.

TheRealCallie said:
You could have just bumped this one, since the poll is about how dark you like it...

http://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=9346

OR...you could make an egg thread. We have bacon and toast, but no eggs. :D

This is true... you don't truly know anyone until you know their breakfast preferences in full.

TheRealCallie said:
johnny196775 said:
I like to make my own bread and i guess i would toast it mediumly.

Homemade bread toast is awesome :D
You do plan to share, right?

Homemade toast is the bestest! And I'm in charge of making all toast for my sisters before we start school and do Mum's breakfasts, too.

My pref is golden brown across the whole slice from crust to crust, if it's white bread. The problem is with homemade bread is its crust is often very thick and can get burnt if stuck in the toaster slots. Set the smoke arms off. :rolleyes2:

But, I avoid that becuase we have this Dualit toaster. It's stainless steel and its sides get hot, so I have to be careful.

dualit_toaster.jpg

It's hand made in the UK and has large slots. It's mechanical, not one of them fancy electronic things. The down side is all Dualit toasters are expensive.

For brown whole wheat bread I prefer it toasted darker so it tastes nuttier, homemade bread again if I am lucky. Them Dualit toasters were orginally designed for the catering trade, but some bright person started making coloured Dualits so the company's business went rocket. I love the clock dial. One minute warms up the elements and then away I go making toast by the amount of time each slice is in the toaster. I have to guage how long and, remember all my sister's prefs. Everyone's pref is different.

I love making bread, but it takes time.

I will share you a slice if you share me one of yours. :)

Latest posts

Back