For Those With Mental/Emotional Struggles, do You Go Incommunicado Sometimes?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DragonflytotheMoon

Reaction score
Hi, everyone. If this isn't the correct place for this, I understand if you need to move it. I'm a lifelong depressive (due to abuse), sometimes have anxiety & occasional PTSD. I will withdraw sometimes. Which was easier to do when I was living on my own & only did my volunteering, errands & shopping. Now I live with a friend, so there is some socializing every day. But, I still do isolate to a certain extent. Mainly online.

I have a close friend who retreats sometimes. She lives with her fiance, his sons, her friend & the friend's son is there PT. She also works, so can't get away to the same extent as I do. I think those of us who are introverts or ambiverts that lean introvert, who have mental/emotional struggles, pull away as often as needed.

I'm posting about this because I have a newer friend. We've known each other about five months. We're both cancer patients that were in need of housing. I was blessed that I was able to move in with one of my friends. He & I both have the same caseworker. We have some trauma experiences in common. We have some similarities with views, beliefs, interests. We can talk about anything. We laugh together. We have affection. We have this great energy between us. I haven't heard from him in a couple of weeks. I've sent him a handful of texts. He's not responding to our caseworker either. I was concerned I said/did something that triggered him. Unintentionally, of course. Other friends have said it may have nothing to do with me. All I know is, he isn't in contact & I'm concerned.

I'm sure that all of you are different about how you are when you resurface. For the most part, after you've kept away, do you start communicating again with those you've shut out? Once you have a stronger connection & are more trusting with them, do you not disappear, let them know before you do or don't, but reply to them sooner than others? I'm just hopeful I'll be one he does that with. Based on how well our friendship has been developing. I've really been hurting not knowing what's going on.

I don't completely understand the circumstances; however, I think it's quite normal, psychological issues or not, to be concerned about some one who has fallen-off-the-map for two weeks. It doesn't sound like the type of thing that would be caused by a dispute or disagreement.

I hope everything gets sorted out. Try to keep your mind occupied and take a break from worrying if you can..

I don't completely understand the circumstances; however, I think it's quite normal, psychological issues or not, to be concerned about some one who has fallen-off-the-map for two weeks. It doesn't sound like the type of thing that would be caused by a dispute or disagreement.

I hope everything gets sorted out. Try to keep your mind occupied and take a break from worrying if you can..

I talked with our caseworker today. He still hasn't been able to get a hold of my friend/his client. He planned to reach out to the daughter & see if she's heard anything. A few days ago I was wondering if he might be bi polar. I had a roomie, late client & late friend (who had also been a partner for a while) who were all bi polar. Different variations. I was having a conversation about it with a friend whose son is bi polar. She thinks my other friend just might be as well.

Latest posts

Back