Does anyone else enjoy watching Indie films?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

WallflowerGirl83

I'm not sure if anyone made a thread for it yet, so I decided to make one for it. I love watching art films, I've watched quite a few. I'll name a few to get started.

~127 hours
~Requiem For A Dream
~Brick
~Donnie Darko
~The Virgin Suicides
~Memento

and many more! I could go on forever naming movies.

kamya said:
Were those indie films? I liked most of those when I saw them.

Yeah they're indie films. There's many indie films that I've seen this year. =)

Requiem for a Dream was a little too dark for me. I don't remember Donnie Darko. But I did enjoy Brick.

Do you like indie sci fi films? Indie just means that the movie was made by a small studio as opposed to a major film company, right? One I saw with my friend was called "Hunter Prey" (no, it was not a rip-off of Predator - it had a very interesting plot twist). Anyway, I liked that one a lot.

I saw a movie a while ago called "Dakota Skye" about a girl with the power to see through lies. It was decent.

A more recent movie that I really liked is "Chef".

And I'm not sure it it's considered indie but "Castaway on the Moon" is easily one of my top 5 favorites. Wiki says the budget was 5m which seems to be on par with most of the other indie movies mentioned.

I mostly like movies where the protagonist struggles through some honeysuckle but ultimately ends up starting on the road to better things. Not like crazy dark struggles but just the every day bullshit struggles of life.

I was never sure what counts as 'indie' these days either. But I've seen a couple of the movies that you named there and I liked them. The Virgin Suicides and Brick are completely new to me though.

I've seen too many movies in general...so I'd probably find some indie films when I skimmed through my personal list of watched movies:

- Pi
- Following
- Lost Highway
- Primer
- Paper Man
- The Straight Story

kamya said:
I saw a movie a while ago called "Dakota Skye" about a girl with the power to see through lies. It was decent.

I was told to watch that. Recommendation. Wasn't my cup of tea. Don't think I ever finished it.

I didn't know half of those in the first post of this thread were indie films. I don't know the other half.

I've watched so many independent movies though... Liked many of them. I'm actually surprised that I'll sit and watch an indie film, because I usually can't do movies.

I've seen all of the movies you listed, donnie darko is one of my very favorites. I like european indies, like Ben X and Blue Is The Warmest Color.

kamya said:
And I'm not sure it it's considered indie but "Castaway on the Moon" is easily one of my top 5 favorites. Wiki says the budget was 5m which seems to be on par with most of the other indie movies mentioned.

It could be argued that the term is becoming meaningless with even the major studios setting up subsidiaries to make and distribute indie films. To me that seems to conflict with the classic definition of being made outside the conventional or major studio system.

However they classify it, "Castaway on the Moon" was a good film. I have "Chef" but haven't watched it yet.

Latest posts

Back