Hey all, life sucks :(

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all.
I suck at intros and I hate them, but I shall try to make one.
I'm a 20 year old guy living in Nottingham. Just finished failing my first year of college.
I moved to Nottingham in the UK during September of 2012.
Safe to say, the only difference between living in Oman and England(Where I was born) is that there are more Europeans, more irresponsible behaviour and less sand.
Even tho I live here, where wherever you look, you see somebody hanging out with their 12 to 700million buddies and even tho I've been to college and high school, I am completely isolated and alone.
There are many days in a week where I wake up in bed and stay in bed till I go to sleep cause there's literally nothing to do. I have no job cause the UK is racist, and whoever even looks slightly ethnic is marginalised and discriminated against, and it is seen as heroic to be racist.
I have no friends at all. I live in a house with my narcissistic bipolar big brother and his girlfriend but I avoid them completely cause it is unnecessary trouble just waiting to happen.
I never had friends my entire life and my entire family hate each other, so no luck in family either.
I have always been isolated and marginalised. Earliest I can remember is from kindergarten, when I went to the playground and my class mates were there, playing. Whenever I wanted to join somebody, they would go somewhere else. Eventually, it lead to all my classmates getting mad at me, and yelling at me to "Go die cause you're creepy and nobody likes you".
I did not fit into highschool either cause I was "The British guy" in a Pakistani school. You can imagine what happened there.
Then I fell into depression after my mother ran away and I have it till now.
I lived in filth, boredom and depression for all my childhood.
Nobody figured that there was anything wrong. They all think I'm an arrogant ****** who thinks he's too good for anybody when whats really there is that I feel like I'm sitting by death's door every single day, wondering when it's alright to knock. All I want is to die.
When people look at me, I can see the disgust in their faces, cause it is a bit too obvious...
I've never held a date for longer than 5 minutes cause they'd all run away (literally) at the sight of me.
When I joined college I was euphoric cause my dad promised me that when I join, I will lead the life of an ordinary young guy. Never happened. Instead this mean b**** told me that I'm creepy, my face is hideous and a joke and that she wishes I never showed up. Ever. She told me that the class used to be a cool place until I showed up and ruined everything.
Since then, my college attendance has been extremely bad. Assignments were piling up and I f ailed everything.
The last few weeks of college I spent at home, playing video games on my laptop. During those days were the days I knew my heart has turned into stone and I hated everybody.
The only way I deal with all the stress and depression that piles up on me is by blowing money my dad gives me (He lives in Dubai with the other members of my family).
I hate life. I can already see where my face sags from all the frowning.
When I see people give me the hateful stares they give, I just think "Yeah, yeah.. I know. I also wish I can just completely disappear."
I don't know what to do anymore. I've been to therapists and they're all so lousy.[/font]

It sounds like one of those feedback loops. People make you sad by verbally and socially abusing you, which really does make you sad, so they abuse you for it some more. I wish I knew a way to break out of that cycle because I'd bottle it and buy myself a private island from the sales proceeds.

If your father gives you a decent amount of money, is there some way you could spend it on things that really do make you feel better? I'm not sure what those things would be, so maybe sit down with a pen and paper and write a wish list of things you would buy if you could--which maybe you could if you weren't, as you put it, "wasting" the money you get (your words, not mine). I know that money doesn't buy happiness, but it can _promote_ happiness by either reducing privation or bringing potential sources of happiness into your life.

Best of success to you.

Hi there and welcome. You will find that is a great and supportive community.

You sound like you have had a rough time, so many sad segments to your life. I don't know what to say, but fresia em. You have a whole life in front of you and you and only can make it what you want to be. There will always be people trying to tear you down, it still gets to me too. But I will not let them dictate my life and it has took a while to get to that stage.

You have had a lot of hard knocks. Have you thought about counselling through your gp and anti-depressents? If you are on some, maybe have them reviewed until you find the right ones.

I know you crave friends and other things. Maybe just work on one thing at a time and those things may follow or get easier to try in time. Have you thought of trying to live on your own to get away from negatitivity, your local coumcil might help as well as your gp.

I have to say I didn't like the racist comments about the UK. You are entitled to how you feel, but I don't believe that is true. I work for an organisation that hires thousands of people and they are from every background you can imagine. In my department alone there are employees from 15 nationalities, and we are not an international organisation. If you are not feeling good about yourself a potential employer may pick up on that in your applications or in an interview and might think you need to work on yourself first.

What do I know, I am far from perfect and so is my life. Just an old woman trying to help. Again welcome and I wish you well.

Hey grosslonelyguy, welcome to the forum. I don't really have anything to say here but I hope that you'll find some good people to talk to on here and feel better with time. Good luck.

Hi, welcome , kids can be mean to each other. I was often teased when in school I fell and my lip burst open and left a scar when I was small you could clearly see it now tho its not really visible unless you are really close. The point im trying to make is that not all people look at ones outside, although there are a few that look what they see on the outside, its the inside that matters. Don't allow others to steal your happiness be who you are the right people will see you for who you are and will like and love you for you not for your looks.

Hope that a new day will bring you happiness

Hey, grosslonelyguy, Welcome to the forum. Stick around a while, it's all very supportive here.

Hi there,my personal opinion is that when you meet people who do not like you just because of the colour of your skin or your appearance,the only thing you have to do is to ignore them and behave like they do not exist,it would make you feel better.Instead you have to search for people who are trusty and open minded so you can make a real friendship.

grosslonelyguy said:
Hey all.
I suck at intros and I hate them, but I shall try to make one.
I'm a 20 year old guy living in Nottingham. Just finished failing my first year of college.
I moved to Nottingham in the UK during September of 2012.
Safe to say, the only difference between living in Oman and England(Where I was born) is that there are more Europeans, more irresponsible behaviour and less sand.
Even tho I live here, where wherever you look, you see somebody hanging out with their 12 to 700million buddies and even tho I've been to college and high school, I am completely isolated and alone.
There are many days in a week where I wake up in bed and stay in bed till I go to sleep cause there's literally nothing to do. I have no job cause the UK is racist, and whoever even looks slightly ethnic is marginalised and discriminated against, and it is seen as heroic to be racist.
I have no friends at all. I live in a house with my narcissistic bipolar big brother and his girlfriend but I avoid them completely cause it is unnecessary trouble just waiting to happen.
I never had friends my entire life and my entire family hate each other, so no luck in family either.
I have always been isolated and marginalised. Earliest I can remember is from kindergarten, when I went to the playground and my class mates were there, playing. Whenever I wanted to join somebody, they would go somewhere else. Eventually, it lead to all my classmates getting mad at me, and yelling at me to "Go die cause you're creepy and nobody likes you".
I did not fit into highschool either cause I was "The British guy" in a Pakistani school. You can imagine what happened there.
Then I fell into depression after my mother ran away and I have it till now.
I lived in filth, boredom and depression for all my childhood.
Nobody figured that there was anything wrong. They all think I'm an arrogant ****** who thinks he's too good for anybody when whats really there is that I feel like I'm sitting by death's door every single day, wondering when it's alright to knock. All I want is to die.
When people look at me, I can see the disgust in their faces, cause it is a bit too obvious...
I've never held a date for longer than 5 minutes cause they'd all run away (literally) at the sight of me.
When I joined college I was euphoric cause my dad promised me that when I join, I will lead the life of an ordinary young guy. Never happened. Instead this mean b**** told me that I'm creepy, my face is hideous and a joke and that she wishes I never showed up. Ever. She told me that the class used to be a cool place until I showed up and ruined everything.
Since then, my college attendance has been extremely bad. Assignments were piling up and I f ailed everything.
The last few weeks of college I spent at home, playing video games on my laptop. During those days were the days I knew my heart has turned into stone and I hated everybody.
The only way I deal with all the stress and depression that piles up on me is by blowing money my dad gives me (He lives in Dubai with the other members of my family).
I hate life. I can already see where my face sags from all the frowning.
When I see people give me the hateful stares they give, I just think "Yeah, yeah.. I know. I also wish I can just completely disappear."
I don't know what to do anymore. I've been to therapists and they're all so lousy.[/font]

Latest posts

Back