A possible reason for..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

ooah-e

Try to explain this. You are a fairly charismatic 21 year old (that has friends; maybe not life or death friends, but friends nonetheles ) and someone who people generally like. You're somewhat attractive (or at least that's what some girls say about yout). Yet you look back and see that in all these years you've never been that happy and despite being surrounded by people, you always felt alone.

You have never been much bothered with the fact you never had a real girlfriend. You are an intelligent guy who is confident most of the time (probably why people tend to like talking with you), and you always told yourself - it will happen naturally when the time is right. You are very much aware that fate is a travesty. There is no such thing.

You begin to understand that maybe you do care now, and that everyone else is has a soul mate (or at least a partner). You don't however and you don't know why. You feel miserably lonely lately and stay up all night feeling bad for yourself and writing on internet forums. You feel privileged compared to other people who haven't got a balanced family environment, but you can't help but feel like you wouldn't mind if the world ended tomorrow. Every single girl you have ever felt something for has showed complete disinterest for you. You realize now that you are trapped in an environment where you have zero chances of meeting new people and you have already failed twice at college because if feel unmotivated and lonely all the time. Professionally your future seems very bleak, and what few friends you have are all finishing their majors and getting jobs and enjoying the company of their girlfriends, and you are stuck.

Why is this happening to you? What could be the reason for a guy like you (who in theory had everything to be a happy person) to feel so lonely all these years? Why can't you connect with someone at a romantic level?

Are you just a spoiled guy who should feel sorry for even feeling sorry for yourself? Do you only have yourself to blame?

You should not blame yourself because you did not cause your lack of motivation. Motivation is something that requires time and knowledge of how motivation works to attain. If you were truly spoiled, you would not be having all of these problems.

Ooah, i call it bad luck. I don't believe there is such a thing as "real" luck, but everyone know what i mean when i say that so it's easier to use such a definition. It doesn't quite matter if You see Yourself as a person who "should" be happy and have a partner, because it's all relative. You still have to meet a person who are at least as equally interested in You for a relationship to last, and sometimes even begin, which is why i refer to bad luck. You've tried, but the ones You tried with simply weren't looking for a guy like You after all. A lot of people are so shallow that they can't even see the traits that You mention, and what do they matter then? All those people who are that shallow are themselves waiting for someone, only their "standards" might be much higher than Yours and they're waiting for someone who truly eludes something special, not just "regular" traits, although good ones. They might still be looking for that "perfect" partner, which in their eyes could be a total stud, someone very rich or simply someone who share their special interest, which they might not have seen in You. You shouldn't give up though man, because the love of Your life, or at least a part of it to begin with, is somewhere around You.

You give yourself a lot of good traits such as confidence and it seems to me like you are an easy guy to talk to. I'm just wondering, do you know for a fact that girls are not interested in you? I mean have you really tried to find that someone and it just kept not working out?

You may need to realize that the relationships your friends are having may not necessarily be of the soul mate kind. I can't speak for sure, of course, but statistically speaking, at 21 very few people have life partners. Are you willing to settle for what they have? It sounds like you were pretty confident in your belief that it will happen when the time is right. So why not just wait more? By that logic if a girl didn't reciprocate feelings for you, it obviously wasn't meant to be.

I can't see the future but 21 isn't the age I would choose to throw in the towel.

maybe because this "person" in theory is thinking himself better then he actually is 0_o
like "intelligent and good looking" maybe your more around retarded and mugly?

Ghost : I'd say I have the motivation, only I'm really not in a spot right now where I interact with girls all that much.

I was waiting for a reply like that CurseNeko. It seems to rub some people the wrong way when someone with an ego says he's lonely. I merely posted those to give you guys some context. People have described me like that before.

Katia : I know there have been girls in the past that liked me, but if I can't relate to them I can't consider dating them. Maybe I need to have a less meaningful relationship before I can have a serious one... I don't know.

Robin : You hit the nail in the head with the shallowness. I feel like I haven't met a girl that challenges me and understands me at a friend level (admittedly I have very very few girl friends).

Unacceptance: The problem is that it's probably hard to tell what is a soul mate and what is not a soul mate, specially for someone has inexperienced as me.

Anyway thanks for all the input people.

Don't be hard on yourself just because you haven't met someone you could form a relationship with. There is nothing wrong with being picky! It's far better to be involved with someone with whom you have a good deal of things in common than to be with someone out of a fear of being alone.

Just give it time. Finding a way in which to improve your social life couldn't hurt either.

your problem is your waiting for this person to fall from the sky,its never going to happen,
and be happy with what you have,so what if their not life or death friends,its still more then what i have, stop wishing for what could be and make it happen,otherwise make those friends life and death friends through your charismatic personality.

Latest posts

Back