Interesting Actor/Character DC Universe Comparison.

• Thread starter GizmonicScrewdriver
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

GizmonicScrewdriver

After a thought of two major characters in the latest film, I came to a comparison.

Wonder Woman: Stands up for what she believes in, brave, confident.
Gal Gadot: Stands up for what she believes in, brave, confident.

Batman: Brooding, self-loathing. blames everything on others.
Ben Affleck: Brooding, self-loathing. blames everything on others.

I guess they picked the right actors. :p

Batman does not blame everything on others, in fact that's the opposite of what he does.  Batman owns his mistakes and tries not to repeat them in the future.  He accepts responsibility for things that weren't even his fault but feels he had a hand in the events.  He's not afraid to place blame where it belongs but he certainly doesn't blame others.  Did you actually see Justice League?  ****SPOILER ALERT**** He blames himself for Superman's death.  He goes on a quest with the others to correct that mistake despite Wonder Woman's reservations about it.  Superman knew what he was doing, he committed his own death at the hands of Doomsday, albeit with a weapon Batman created but it was Superman's choice not Batman's fault, yet he accepts responsibility for it.  

Nice try at a joke but falls short on proper character characterizations.

Yes, I did see the film.
Though his crusade in my eyes was a wallowing in his own mess. The character just comes across as..."I feel like crap, let's get a gang together."

I see your point but it is all subject to Affleck's character as a whole throughout the series so far and is subject to personal opinion.
We could psychoanalyze all day.

On a different note, I don't appreciate the jab at the end, the tongue was just the irony of their real-life comparison, not an attempt at a joke. I know as a poster you have a right to not handle things with eggshells, but as an administrator, you should take a step back and behave accordingly.

I'm so sorry I insulted your Lil' Batman movie, but what about the things like his crybaby comments like insulting Wonder Woman about her dead "Steve"? Don't you think that's a crybaby? Everything about him in this movie was "make amends" but came off like "wahwah".

The feel like crap was more like feel sorry for himself.

Man of Steel >B vs S > WW > Suicide Squad Haven't watched JL, but Gal Gadot looks like a blank slate in real life. Nothing confident about an indestructible demi-god. Batman, on the other hand, is more human than any flawless, bland character.

Bats was just too emotional, He gone "Bats"

JK Simmons was great as Gordon, Irons as Alfred.

Latest posts

Back