Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obsession/Stalker relationship
I have been thinking a lot about my past and how I got into an obsession/stalker “relationship”.
I got targeted from an early age by a man, his obsession lasted several years and it still exists today. I managed to remove myself from the situation when I got a bit older but the damage was done so to speak, I don’t think he will stop targeting me.
He would pop up almost everywhere and it felt like he followed me around every chance he got. Normally he would be waiting for me to finish school or if I was on a handball practice he would be there. This left me with a feeling of never being alone, always thinking that he was there. It made me paranoid and.. scared. Always feeling on edge, never knowing when he is going to strike again. This was a one way relationship, I sure didn’t want it and I showed this to him regularly.
Been thinking about why this happened, why he doesn’t give up. What is he getting out of this behavior and how come he isn’t willing to move on. How do you get that fixated on one person.

Have any of you experienced someone having an obsession with you?
How did you get out of this situation? What made that person stop targeting you?
Just curious if there is anybody else out there that struggle with the same problem. 

Love Jessi. ❤️
(Relationship is the wrong word to use about this but am using it in lack of a better one.
Nobody outside my family has ever cared enough about me to become obsessed with me. I've had obsessions myself - but I tended to try to distract myself from thoughts about that person, rather than entertaining them. Jessi, the only thing I can say is, don't ever be afraid to defend yourself if you have to - you know, if he ever gets dangerous.
To quote a popular werewolf film - 'Everyone's cursed.  It's called life'
I think there are a few personality traits/conditions that come into play. I know that part of it is almost like OCD (or may actually be OCD). Another is delusional thinking. If you don't mind me asking what is the age gap?
My obsessions are all about OCD - they cause frustration when I can't get that person out of my head, and make me feel creepy for having those thoughts. With this guy, it probably is more to do with delusional thinking, like you said.
To quote a popular werewolf film - 'Everyone's cursed.  It's called life'
Probably all obsesions are connected to mental health
Much like a drug addict ....not good for themselves but still need it
(12-31-2018, 04:11 AM)hewhowalksalone Wrote: Nobody outside my family has ever cared enough about me to become obsessed with me. I've had obsessions myself - but I tended to try to distract myself from thoughts about that person, rather than entertaining them.  Jessi, the only thing I can say is, don't ever be afraid to defend yourself if you have to - you know, if he ever gets dangerous.

Well, it’s a creepy kind of caring for sure, not even sure it can be called that at all. It’s not caring for your victim but more about getting his selfish needs met. But then again, maybe he doesn’t see it as hurting me.
I appreciate your input. ❤️
(12-31-2018, 04:45 AM)Black Manta Wrote: I think there are a few personality traits/conditions that come into play. I know that part of it is almost like OCD (or may actually be OCD). Another is delusional thinking. If you don't mind me asking what is the age gap?

He is around 12 years older than me.
(12-31-2018, 07:55 AM)BadGuy Wrote: Probably all obsesions are connected to mental health
Much like a drug addict ....not good for themselves but still need it

So when I am dead in a ditch he will probably look for someone else huh? 
Guess I’m taking it a bit too far but you get my point. 🌈
No one has had an obsession with me.

I’ve known a few women with an obsession with my money/potential earnings. In fact quite a few.
Yea has happened to me when I was 24.Got a good job in a private company and was just finding my feet with the work and the people.Two months in girl opposite starting saying such and such her mate in adjoining office separated by perspex wanted to date me and that I should go out with her see how we get on.I had already told her that I was engaged and was just laid back about it because was really enjoying the work and trying to focus as well. But over the course of a month just got worse so just told her flat I didn't fancy her and just wasn't interested and to basically sort it because it was affecting my work.Next thing I know she's bloody weeping in the office with some other colleague consoling her whilst giving me daggers wtf and girl opposite started being arsey with me.Its bit of a blur after that but I left for another job but remember feeling bloody uncomfortable.It was a good job too with if promoted I got to travel so thinking back am a bit pi##ed off with the missed opportunity.

Was nothing compared to you Jessicat really sorry you gone through this ...did your parents ever get involved?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Best Relationship - with God All Things are Possible AlertChristians 2 785 06-18-2019, 12:57 AM
Last Post: Katrina
  A relationship with Yahweh! humourless 11 1,113 03-30-2019, 08:57 PM
Last Post: humourless
  What is your criteria for trust in making and sustaining any type of relationship? erifeulb 7 1,870 02-27-2019, 07:46 AM
Last Post: Enpatsu No Shakugan
  A possible explanation why some people feel they need to be in a relationship. Alonewith2cats 29 16,205 02-04-2019, 03:18 AM
Last Post: male45
  No relationship, drains life out of me. NewOrder2016 67 15,506 12-23-2018, 10:22 PM
Last Post: SadRabbit
  Left an abusive relationship OverTheRainbow 4 1,126 10-08-2018, 12:51 PM
Last Post: Miriam1966
Rolleyes Her father is destroying our relationship Biliken 4 1,074 08-27-2018, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Serenia
  The relationship which cost me my job roy1986 1 991 07-28-2018, 08:14 AM
Last Post: bleed_the_freak
  Should I pursue a relationship? MiguelMS 39 6,134 02-28-2018, 04:25 PM
Last Post: Wintermute
  fear of abandonment in relationship telos 13 2,575 01-22-2018, 02:56 AM
Last Post: M_also_lonely