Last Presidental Debate, (U.S.A votes Nov 4th!)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loketron

Reaction score
im a obama supporter and i can actually say McCain may have won the last debate. although i think its to far to late and most people have made up there mind, there will be a shift tommorow in McCains favor but it will be gone before nov 4th. sorry McCain supporters but you cant hate me for having an opinion.
Obama.jpg

Obamabuttons.jpg

djsforobamalogo.jpg

rednecksforobama.jpg

i didnt think i was gonna post on the debate but i couldent help it, i found that first picture and wanted to post it!
i <3 my politics.

Well, I thought Obama was very cool and collected. I was able to see the split screen and McCain had some really sour faces....lol
To me, Obama makes the most sense. I was a little put out when McCain said if you like Obama's plan for health care then you would like England's or Canada's. It sounded as if he were knocking these countries' health care. Not cool.

As far as Joe the plumber, who gives a sh*t? Enough already.
I think Obama made his point. Oh, and if your here Joe and your listening, I'd be happy to talk to you too.....lol

I will say McCain had a great moment when he said he wasn't president Bush. Great come back.

Obama had some great points on healthcare, education and energy.
I especially liked the idea of re-opening factories that have been closed to help build equipment for alternative energy. I really liked that he said we need to be more selective about trading with countries who aren't serious about human rights.

The only thing that scares me about Obama is that he doesn't have a lot of experience.

I do agree that McCain may have won the day last night, but with his poll numbers as of late he needed a blowout and I just did not see that from the debate.

To me it seemed that Obama was a little more calm and collected than MCain, but then again McCain had more to prove.

Though I still plan to vote Obama (to the conservatives on this board I say do not worry as I am in the solidly red state of Texas) I do not think McCain is a bad guy and almost feel sorry for him because his best chance at the presidency was sodomized by Rove and company back in 2000. Though I was leaning, my mind was not made up for Obama until he picked such right wing ditz for his VP. Unlike Obama's VP choice, that could counsel him if elected, McCain made his picked so that he could get elected, period.

I agree with you Anti, on why McCain picked Palin. I agree with Naleena on Obama's stance on energy, healthcare and education for the most part. Up until the last couple of weeks, and especially last night, I had been leaning towards McCain. Had John Kerry been running again, there would be no doubt in my mind who I would choose- John McCain. However, Obama has just plain made more realistic points and seems to have more reasonable ideas than McCain does. Some might say that McCain won the last debate, but to me, it wasn't about winning or losing, or who got in the most jabs at the other. It was about who made the best case for changing the direction that our country is heading. Sorry, but for me, after last night, that just became Obama. lmao, so just consider me converted. :p

I don't agree with Obama, eapsecailly on energy.
it sounds good but logically it dosn't make any sense.lol

How can big industries retool, re invest, or do more R&D
when he's going tax going the hell out of them ?
Any bussiness savy people knows...you pass the on the (taxes) bucks to the consumers.
Or a Harvard grad can figure that out...lmao
Then we wonder why corporations gose over seas and take the freaken jobs overseas. :(

Anyone belives that a politician is not going to raise taxes..needs to get their head exame.lol
They all raise taxes...it's just a matter of how much ?

Jobs...Good paying jobs...not government hand outs or working for Acorn..lol

i think they are both tools but i've read a lot today that stated this was essentially a win for obama because he maintained his good position and didn't give anything up to mccain, while this may have been mccains best debate and a W in the books for him it really strengthened obama as well.

I'm voting for ron paul either way... wasted vote but... at least i'm standing up for what I believe in as opposed to voting for the lesser of to evil-idiots

I don't pay attention to this since I throw my votes in the garbage, however, McCain looks like an animatronic lizard man. Seriously, mute it and watch him move.

1st i gotta give props to papabear, great statement, you go man!

I always wish more people would vote for the green party

anyways i'm supporting Obama

ya i think obama has the best plan for the future. we can't keep relying on old technolgies.
I also think it would be good if we made some new nuclear power plants. Nuclear power is actually very clean, efficent and safe energy. The power plants built here in the us have been built with multiple backups. And are very safe. The reason why the melt down in chenyoble was so bad was becuase they didn't have the nesscary back ups needed. The only nuclear meltdown we've had here was ten mile island. and no one was hurt. It actually gave off about as much nuclear radiation as a tv. But it scared a lot of people. And thats why there hasn't been one built since like the 70s. actualy there is a power plant in palo not very far from where i live, and or my whole life that i've lived here we've never had any problems or meltdowns with it.

we have to become more energy independant, and find a way to stop this growing climate crisis. Which by the way is caused by man.

no it's just caused by malevolent little elves that live in the earth's core

XD

no offense but get a grip Palin

evanescencefan91 said:
1st i gotta give props to papabear, great statement, you go man!

I always wish more people would vote for the green party

anyways i'm supporting Obama

ya i think obama has the best plan for the future. we can't keep relying on old technolgies.
I also think it would be good if we made some new nuclear power plants. Nuclear power is actually very clean, efficent and safe energy. The power plants built here in the us have been built with multiple backups. And are very safe. The reason why the melt down in chenyoble was so bad was becuase they didn't have the nesscary back ups needed. The only nuclear meltdown we've had here was ten mile island. and no one was hurt. It actually gave off about as much nuclear radiation as a tv. But it scared a lot of people. And thats why there hasn't been one built since like the 70s. actualy there is a power plant in palo not very far from where i live, and or my whole life that i've lived here we've never had any problems or meltdowns with it.

we have to become more energy independant, and find a way to stop this growing climate crisis. Which by the way is caused by man.

no it's just caused by malevolent little elves that live in the earth's core

XD

no offense but get a grip Palin

Well, I do agree with about 90% of what you said... I operated nuclear reactors for the Navy and your stuff is just a bit off.

Nuclear reactors are very clean and very safe. Cherynoble had a lot more issues than just lack of back ups... it was lack of properly trained personel and communication between the separate operational teams.

Three Mile Island (not ten) was caused by our lack of knowledge about reactors, we didn't know what should and should not be monitored and because of this the operators made some bad decisions. Without going into a lot of specifics most of you wouldn't understand without a year of reactor theories class I will say that what they did now is like "duh... wtf was wrong with you guys"

The navy operates several hundred nuclear reactors every year without incident, these are treated a lot more rough than standard reactors... a submarine reactor is taken up and down, high power low power, different rates etc.. etc.. for the needs of the ship.

Civilian reactors are brought up, left up, and basically baby-sat. If we properly trained our operators (which we do now) then nuclear energy is a great way for the future. I wouldn't say it's a permanent solution as burying the waste will only work for so long... but it's something we need to consider for the now.

Oh yeah... I do agree though... Palin is about 58 kinds of "in over her head" right now.

Naleena said:
I will say McCain had a great moment when he said he wasn't president Bush. Great come back.

I would have to disagree. McCain was just stating the obvious.
Obama does seem to be aware that McCain isn't Bush. He just doesn't see any major difference between the two.

The U.S. has plenty of nuclear power plants in operation today, just not a lot of them.
Obviousely you havn't heard of a melt down in the pass 30 years.

I remember will of the 3 miles island.
I also remember going to the beach with **** tars all over the sand.lol
But that was 30 years ago...there wasn't even the internet 30 years ago.

In the late 70's and 80's there was a push for alternative enegery resources.
The US government gave the big engergy companies tax breaks or grants...
Trust me...I made more money working a big energy corporation , I had 401K and the best
medical insurance coverage. I constantly recieved training.
Life was sweet. I had much better compensations than
goverment workers.

Gradually the US reverted back to oil dependency.
The planted i worked at shut down...and life started sucking.lol
Working for guys like Joe the plumber sucks...big ass.
Over worked and under paid and no medical insurance.
Living pay check to pay check and pray to god you don't get sick or hurt at work.
Being on willfair is better...I guess , at least you had medical insurance.

It also has to do with tooling and avalibilties of parts that gose into the types of power plants.
Small bussiness..., machine shops or manufactures of valve, motors, gearboxes to support that
system.

It's also the same when you speak of the auto industries. When GM lays off 1500 ppl of
their main line production workers...well it's going to effect a bouch of other sub-manufactures
of parts for GM.

I also know there's a big ass SONY plant in mexico that manufacture a bounch of Flat screens
you buy at wal-mart or costco.lol

I also know all the valves, fire hydrants, pipes, plumbing...etc
Bascailly 90% percent of the material to build a new nieghborhood comes out of china.

Why arn't these jobs or products being produce in the USA ?

Yeah...man the last i checked...china was going gang busters..lol
Imagine that...

Papabear said:
i think they are both tools but i've read a lot today that stated this was essentially a win for obama because he maintained his good position and didn't give anything up to mccain, while this may have been mccains best debate and a W in the books for him it really strengthened obama as well.

I'm voting for ron paul either way... wasted vote but... at least i'm standing up for what I believe in as opposed to voting for the lesser of to evil-idiots

lmao, I said in another post, not long ago, that this election would come down to voting for the lesser of two evils. :p

EveWasFramed said:
Papabear said:

lmao, I said in another post, not long ago, that this election would come down to voting for the lesser of two evils. :p

All American elections are like that.

Antihero said:
All American elections are like that.

At least the great majority of them.

Papabear said:
loketron said:
ron paul?
how can you vote for ron paul? hes not even running anymore?

you can vote in any person you want to... ever...

In my state you can only vote for who is on the ballot. No write ins.

Latest posts

Back