Weight loss Success Story

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesse

Reaction score
Hi everybody! I've recently discovered the willpower I need to get my weight to where I want it to be. I'm not where I want to be at yet, but I'm making progress. The most I've ever weighed was 267 pounds. I'm 5'8''. I now weigh 238 pounds and my goal weight is 180. I found a formula for how many calories it takes to maintain your current weight and it's helping me a lot. I thought I'd share it with you.

To maintain your current weight, use this formula. As you lose weight you'll have to recalculate.

Women

655 + (4.3 x weight in pounds) + (4.7 x height in inches) - (4.7 x age in years)

Men

66 + (6.3 x weight in pounds) + (12.9 height in inches) - (6.8 x age in years)

Now you must calculate your activity level.

If you are sedentary : Take the number you've calculated and multiply it by 120%.

If lightly active multiply by 130%

Moderately active (you exercise most days a week) multiply by 140%

Very active (you exercise intensely on a daily basis or for prolonged periods) multiply by by 150%

Extra active (you do hard labor or are in athletic training) multiply by 160%.

Any amount of calories below the number you calculate will result in weight loss. Every 3500 calories equals 1 pound, so every 3500 calories under or over the number you've calculated will result in a pound gained or lost.

Example: If the amount of calories you need to maintain your weight is 2500, and you go on a 2000 calorie a day diet, you'll lose a pound a week. It's recommended that you don't lose more than 2 pounds a week.

I'm not just eating nuts and berries either! I'm allowing myself the foods I crave, but I'm making sure I don't go over my calorie amount I'm allowed. Today I've had 3 giant sized chicken strips for lunch and a fiesta taco salad from taco bell as well as a can of mountain dew. It might not be the healthiest food, but it's only about 1770 calories :) I can still have a little something to eat later and be at a calorie deficit to lose weight.

Hope this info helps! It's helping me! About 30 pounds lost, about 60 to go :) Wish me luck!

Sound great Jesse :)

Good luck! You can do it!
I know a friend who weigh over 200lbs and went down to 140lbs recently (lighter than me), he was really self aware of his weight, but he made it, so I'm pretty sure you could too as long as you keep at it!

Lawrens said:
Good luck! You can do it!
I know a friend who weigh over 200lbs and went down to 140lbs recently (lighter than me), he was really self aware of his weight, but he made it, so I'm pretty sure you could too as long as you keep at it!

Thanks Lawrens! congrats to your friend! I've always been self aware of my weight to the point where it has caused me to not be able to be myself completely. It's caused me too much stress for far too long! Thankfully I've taken control and enjoying it!

I think the key to losing weight is counting calories and aiming to lose about 1-2 pounds a week while still eating the foods you love.

For example. I'm allowed about 1720 calories a day in order to lose 2 pounds a week. Today for lunch I had 3 large sized chicken strips for 350 calories. Just now for a snack I had some pumpkin cobbler for 400 calories. I'm going to have a grilled stuffed burrito from taco bell for dinner which is 720 calories. That's only 1470 calories and still food I love!!

So you finally did it, well its simply becuase of your will power and energy of ur thoughts which has led to you suh healing results.

Thanks! :)

Still doing well on it. I hit a plateau on weight loss for a while, but I think I've gotten past it now. I'm at 234 now, bracind myself for thanksgiving lol.

WOW Congrats! Thats fantastic. I'm glad its working for you. Its such a struggle to lose weight and even more of a struggle to keep it off!

I've lost some weight as well recently. I skip breakfast and lunch and eat pretty much anything I want for dinner IN SMALL PORTIONS. Even dessert but I'm careful not to overdo it. I don't count calories because I hate doing so. So far its worked for me.
I don't weigh myself that often either.
Also if I get hungry during the day I might eat a piece of fruit or half a yogurt but mostly I just have a cup of coffee or tea with sweet & low.

As for exercise when I go out I make sure I walk continuesly for atleast 30-45 minutes. I go somewhere I enjoy. That way I don't feel as if I'm exercising.

I know as I approach my goal weight I'll probably hit a plateau so I'll take note of your formula. It may come in handy ;-)

Thanks pixie and p2p! Good luck pixie on yours.

ps- glad you liked retroshoot p2p.

Pixie said:
WOW Congrats! Thats fantastic. I'm glad its working for you. Its such a struggle to lose weight and even more of a struggle to keep it off!

I've lost some weight as well recently. I skip breakfast and lunch and eat pretty much anything I want for dinner IN SMALL PORTIONS. Even dessert but I'm careful not to overdo it. I don't count calories because I hate doing so. So far its worked for me.
Also if I get hungry during the day I might eat a piece of fruit or half a yogurt but mostly I just have a cup of coffee or tea with sweet & low.

As for exercise when I go out I make sure I walk continuesly for atleast 30-45 minutes. I go somewhere I enjoy. That way I don't feel as if I'm exercising.

I know as I approach my goal weight I'll probably hit a plateau so I'll take note of your formula. It may come in handy ;-)

You might consider eating at least a bit of something for breakfast. Eating in the morning is part of starting your metabolism, and there are things you can eat which are healthy and filling without being chock full of fat and cholesterol.

Personally I recommend a bowl of granola and some fruit, and a glass of orange juice. (A note for people who like orange juice as much as I do: SUNNY DELIGHT IS NOT ORANGE JUICE. It's sugar, corn syrup and artificial color). This will get your digestion started and you might very well lose weight faster.

Also, I dunno if you wear jeans when you walk, but if you do you could probably wear some ankle weights without getting weird looks, and burn that many more calories.

Yea watch out for that thanksgiving turkey. Even if the turkey IS dead it still poses a threat O_O

I think i read a study somewhere that said that people gain the most weight around this time of year. So, be careful :p

Brian said:
Pixie said:

You might consider eating at least a bit of something for breakfast. Eating in the morning is part of starting your metabolism, and there are things you can eat which are healthy and filling without being chock full of fat and cholesterol.

Personally I recommend a bowl of granola and some fruit, and a glass of orange juice. (A note for people who like orange juice as much as I do: SUNNY DELIGHT IS NOT ORANGE JUICE. It's sugar, corn syrup and artificial color). This will get your digestion started and you might very well lose weight faster.

Also, I dunno if you wear jeans when you walk, but if you do you could probably wear some ankle weights without getting weird looks, and burn that many more calories.

Great tips Brian! Real good stuff. :)

SophiaGrace said:
Yea watch out for that thanksgiving turkey. Even if the turkey IS dead it still poses a threat O_O

I think i read a study somewhere that said that people gain the most weight around this time of year. So, be careful :p

Lol. It's been another year since this post and it's turkey time again. :D I'm gonna be really careful. :)

Anyway I thought I'd update this thread. :) I weigh 217 now guys. I've lost 50 pounds. :D

No I'm doing just a little bit of a workout at home. :) I try to do pushups fairly often and a little bit of bicep curls. I don't have like a 4 day a week weight training regimen. :p

Jesse said:
No I'm doing just a little bit of a workout at home. :) I try to do pushups fairly often and a little bit of bicep curls. I don't have like a 4 day a week weight training regimen. :p

Would it help with your weight loss if you did have a 4 day a week regimin??

I'm sure it would, but I'm too busy spending all my time fishing. :p

Latest posts

Back