22 from Virginia

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

pocaloca

Hi there.

Growing up, I struggled with depression and social loneliness for several years. I had few friends and an overprotective mother, so I spent most of my time at home reading...and eating. Finally, in high school, I gained more independence and a large circle of friends. We had some great times together, and even after graduation, many of us have gotten together during breaks from college and talked online between times to keep the relationships going.

I was not so lucky in college, losing most of the "friends" I made there a couple of years ago over a legal dispute with my stalker ex-roommate. It was a horrible experience, to say the least, and I can't shake the feeling that everything in my life since then has just...well, sucked. I second guess every single decision I make. I have an extremely difficult time trusting others, even my boyfriend, and have made no new friends since moving downstate for my first "real" job this summer.

What do I do? I'm a teacher, and I can't stand it. I want to quit, but nothing else in this area pays half as well and I can't afford to live on any less. I feel trapped and miserable and I'm terrified that, as before, things would only get worse if I did make a change. The stress of the situation leaves me ill and exhausted and, so far, totally incapable of forming any new, meaningful human connections. I am surrounded by people all day, but I've never felt more lonely in my life, and I am finding it increasingly difficult to cope.

So, that's me. And now, having said far more than I originally intended, I will say no more, other than that I am extremely glad to have found this forum and I look forward to getting to know you all! Thanks for reading.

Welcome to LonelyLife.
This place is pretty much a breath of air in a sea of lonelies. I'm sure you'll fit right in :)

Hi pocaloca, welcome to the forum :)
What do you teach? What about it that makes you want to quit?

I'm sure you could turn to your boyfriend and explain. If he was any kind of a man I would say he should hold you and let you know he'll always be there without a doubt.

Mind you, the state of schools and kids today I'm not surprised you're depressed.

Latest posts

Back