A Brief Introduction

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey there.
you do have a cool music taste, and hey - calligraphy and bookbinding AND longboarding - you sound like a helluvacool person.

welcome, and well... sadly i guess we all had our run-ins with pretentious bastards of all kinds. heh.

dead said:
Hey there.
you do have a cool music taste, and hey - calligraphy and bookbinding AND longboarding - you sound like a helluvacool person.

welcome, and well... sadly i guess we all had our run-ins with pretentious bastards of all kinds. heh.

Hey "dead" thanks for the welcome. Some say "cool" some say "random" :)

hey - at least, i hope, noone says "mainstream", "banal", "boring" and etc., right?

:)

dead said:
hey - at least, i hope, noone says "mainstream", "banal", "boring" and etc., right?

:)

lol well it all depends on who I'm talking to

I mean, I could talk about bookbinding, or you could just punch me in the face and save five minutes. :D

No, but seriously, I usually tell people about my "interesting" hobbies when they ask. I mean hobbies that are good conversation topics. :)

oh my god - no - please do -
(not joking) - i totally want to know how. i have tried some crap before - but... was never good enough to last. the glue tends to break for me. but then i am kinda... diy without say... consult with someone that actually KNOWS what they are doing, lol.

i don't know. i am one of those freaks that get interested in anything there is to learn really.
some things catch me for longer - some i care for less - but whatever it may be - if the person is genuinely interested in it, and knows his way around it - i will most likely be more than willing to listen :)

dead said:
(not joking) - i totally want to know how. i have tried some crap before - but... was never good enough to last. the glue tends to break for me. but then i am kinda... diy without say... consult with someone that actually KNOWS what they are doing, lol.

i don't know. i am one of those freaks that get interested in anything there is to learn really.
some things catch me for longer - some i care for less - but whatever it may be - if the person is genuinely interested in it, and knows his way around it - i will most likely be more than willing to listen :)

I remember when I was a kid and going to used bookstores, and seeing these antique books with marbled paper endpapers and leather bound covers, and I said to myself "I want to learn how to make that!"

In regards to the glue, What type of glue are you using?

Hey and if you want, I can send you a video that describes every process.

Yabai.Youth said:
dead said:

I remember when I was a kid and going to used bookstores, and seeing these antique books with marbled paper endpapers and leather bound covers, and I said to myself "I want to learn how to make that!"

In regards to the glue, What type of glue are you using?

Hey and if you want, I can send you a video that describes every process.

yeah, same here :p lol, once a bookworm - always a bookworm i guess :p

i don't remember the actual kind, since it was quite awhile ago - but several different things - none of which worked well enough in the long run.

yes, of course! i would like to try my hands on that again.
do you have pictures of your works? would love to see some!

I've long since given away all of my handmade books. I usually make them as gifts, it's too time consuming to be doing everyday. :D

As for glue, try Methyl Cellulose. It's pretty hard to find in brick and mortar stores.

I was going to send you the video on the forum but it's been five minutes waiting for it to post so if it's ok with you I could send it to your e-mail maybe?

yeah, i used to do things like that as well.
and thanks for the tip - i will look for that.

(yeah, ofc. i'll PM you.)

Latest posts

Back