A Friend I Miss Dearly

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so sorry for your loss.  It sounds as if you are still grieving some.  The cup meant so much to you after she was gone, kind of like when you used it she was still there.  Those memorable items help us hold on to our loved ones.  Journaling about the relationship may help hold on to the memories as you go back to read about them later on.  Deep breath, Thuy is still with you, and she forgives you.  Perhaps to honor her, you can work on forgiving yourself.  Hugs to you.

pam4him said:
I am so sorry for your loss.  It sounds as if you are still grieving some.  The cup meant so much to you after she was gone, kind of like when you used it she was still there.  Those memorable items help us hold on to our loved ones.  Journaling about the relationship may help hold on to the memories as you go back to read about them later on.  Deep breath, Thuy is still with you, and she forgives you.  Perhaps to honor her, you can work on forgiving yourself.  Hugs to you.

The grieving is over.  A long time ago.  In fact, I didn't shed a tear at the funeral.  I knew it was coming.  I've long maintained that there are two concurrent emotions: grief is one and sheer missing a person is the other. People confuse them.  The first goes away in its time (at different times for different people - it's very personal), but the missing somebody is for life.  Sometimes I hear a funny anecdote, and think "I should tell Thuy that...    oh, wait."

Hug - This post reminds me of a similar situation where a friend broke the item, accidentally of course. It was difficult to not show my emotions and not put my friend in an even worse embarrassing situation.

Latest posts

Back