A recluse.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I spend my day hanging around the house.Lazing. I have small bursts of motivation and say to myself im going to get out of this situation that i hate so much. The main reason for my motivation only being in small bursts is because i lack ideas of how to get out of being a recluse and pushing myself out of social obscurity. The main reason for the post is to ask if anyone else has been in this situation and gotten out and if so, how?

If anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated.

thats pretty much all i do too when im not working. ive gotten used to my alone time in my room. for the most part i like it... but at the same time id like to find a special someone to laze around the house with watching movies and playing games. its weird that id like to have someone to spend my alone time with... i dont know.

edgecrusher said:
thats pretty much all i do too when im not working. ive gotten used to my alone time in my room. for the most part i like it... but at the same time id like to find a special someone to laze around the house with watching movies and playing games. its weird that id like to have someone to spend my alone time with... i dont know.

I think most people would love to have a partner or friend to laze around with. Just having some company is nice i think and ofcourse even better if its someone your really close to, someone you just really enjoy being in the company of, especially if you love them.... i personally unfortuanatly have never had the pleasure of this feeling, but im sure its great. Ofcourse everyone wants a bit of lone time now and then though.

But anyway, Lonely, if you have some friends who go out, try going out with them more often. I used to never ever go out and so was basically a recluse but i made myself go out with people. If you dont have any friends in your area who you can go out with, probably the best thing i expect would be to go for some walks or just go sit in a park for a bit and do something, you will eventually become used to it (I, after years of being a recluse have got no where near the fears i used to have going out into the outside world, i can now walk around town with little fear, but at first i had to almost basically kid myself with a false sense of security until i became used to it normally). Just try and put yourself outthere and trust me, it will pay off.

I am also a recluse for the most part. I work during the day and mope around the house evenings and weekends trying to get some motivation to cut the lawn or clean the house. I hang with friends once a month if that. I found out I may have a degenerative disease. I now live in fear that my best days are gone, and even those days were no good compared to other peoples lives. I need serious help and support in some form.

Latest posts

Back