advice needed please

• Thread starter Bluey, it is harder to post here than by registeri
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bluey, it is harder to post here than by registeri

hi, I'm not new to these forums, I left here around 2 months ago with the hope to regain hold of my life and do something with it. Well that didn't go too well, as a matter of fact it's as if it took a 180 degree spin for the worse. Too many things came crashing down on me at one time, and this set me back yet another step.

However, I'm not ready to come back here yet because although these forums helped me get certain things out of my system for the first time, I started off with a wrong approach here, and for now, I couldn't find the help I needed here. However if this loneliness persists, I will return, and try to make some good friends here.

Anyways, not to get into my life story here, there are 2 reasons i'm posting here. well 3... i forgot my password and all that (but that's a different story)... 1) i just needed to say what i've said above due to the recent garabage that life dumped on me
and

2) I really need you're advice to the following concern (if you can relate): since it's final exam period, and I'm having a REALLY hard time concentrating (due to loneliness, depression, call it whatever you want), if you can tell me how/ what you do to focus that would be great (cuz i really don't need to screw myself over even more by throwing 3rd year down the drain).

Thanks in advance... sorry that this got a bit lengthy.

Take care.

Who, sorry about that. Why is it heard to post? I had No problem posting as a guest. There has been a few glitches tho.

Oh and welcome back who ever you are :)

hmmm, I think one way to leaviate your depression would be maybe going to places where people you know hang out (even if you dont know them well) and if you see them there just say hi and see where that takes you. Ive had a few times where an odd meeting here or there with those I barely knew turned into a great friendship (my best friend when I first met him was a little punk...still is lol, and I was about to rought him up [for fun, nothing serious] and after taht we started talking and joking and soon we hung out almost every other day. My girlfriend was dropping something off for a friend when we started talking about a teacher we both had years before and that conversation lasted an hour and before we knew it lunch hour was over lol. We started hanging out and talking and here we are today ^^

random meetings can lead to interesting outcomes, dont be afraid to put yourself out there and get away from it all for a few hours or so a day (I dont study often.....but thats just me lol)

Studying in groups helps.. but since you are lonely that might not be an option..
so like i do... sit down (with food near you) and dont move ..but just try to study.. you will lose focus, you will feel sad, you will get hungry, you will want to clean you room.. but dont move... just keep studying..

Also write out the important stuff over and over and say it out to yourself.. if you have a voice recording thing say it in that and listen to it over and over...

dont move from the book.. just say.. trust me after a while some focus will reach you..

Also we are here for you to get to know and build friendships with...after finals :) Good Luck.. whats your major? is this your last year or second of last?

Some things that could help your depression and I think in the process eliminate your lack of concentration(cause the two go hand in hand) are:

Exercise helps big time and now that the weather is getting nicer you could go for a walk or a jog maybe

Stay in light for as long as you can, sunlight is best but if your inside try to have the lights on

When you feel yourself getting down, listen to some upbeat music, even if you don't feel like it, it will help you feel better

Thank you everyone for the help.

jales said:
Studying in groups helps.. but since you are lonely that might not be an option..
so like i do... sit down (with food near you) and dont move ..but just try to study.. you will lose focus, you will feel sad, you will get hungry, you will want to clean you room.. but dont move... just keep studying..

Also write out the important stuff over and over and say it out to yourself.. if you have a voice recording thing say it in that and listen to it over and over...

dont move from the book.. just say.. trust me after a while some focus will reach you..

Also we are here for you to get to know and build friendships with...after finals :) Good Luck.. whats your major? is this your last year or second of last?

I used to study in groups in 1st year, but a lot of those people transferred out or changed their field of study. The sad thing is that as they left, I lost contact with them and the friendship faded too.

I know what you mean by sitting in front of my work, but I simply don't have the will or determination to do it. I just end up watching TV, especially now with NBA & NHL playoffs. Too many distractions!

NeverMore said:
Some things that could help your depression and I think in the process eliminate your lack of concentration(cause the two go hand in hand) are:
Exercise helps big time and now that the weather is getting nicer you could go for a walk or a jog maybe
Stay in light for as long as you can, sunlight is best but if your inside try to have the lights on
When you feel yourself getting down, listen to some upbeat music, even if you don't feel like it, it will help you feel better

yeah, I've definately need to go outside, the fresh air will do me some good. And I've been making excuses for myself not to exercise for a couple of months now, again lack of will.

Again thanks for the help, later.

2) I really need you're advice to the following concern (if you can relate): since it's final exam period, and I'm having a REALLY hard time concentrating (due to loneliness, depression, call it whatever you want), if you can tell me how/ what you do to focus that would be great (cuz i really don't need to screw myself over even more by throwing 3rd year down the drain).

Thanks in advance... sorry that this got a bit lengthy.

Take care.
[/quote]
These are some things that worked for me when I had to study.
Go and study in a library, some libraries have seperate rooms for study, and at least you will have people around you and maybe not feel so lonely.
If you are trying to study and you feel that you can't concerntrate, take a break from it for a little while and go and do something that you like to do.
Study for shorter periods of time.
Go to a place that you like eg: a lake, a park, the beach, and study there.
Hope that helps.:)

When I'm achieving things, such as studying successfully, I always feel better and less lonely. If I were you I'd set myself the task of studying without thinking about anything else for 10 minutes. Then I'd hopefully feel better, and do 10 minutes again, et cetera. Sometimes I feel so horrible I can't concentrate on anything though. If that's the case with you maybe it would help to first talk about your loneliness to someone (in person, on the phone, or on this website for example) or write in a diary to get it off your chest.

I think you should just come back to the site.... No reason not to. No excuses, no exceptions, no reason not to just be here.

Latest posts

Back