Alienated and Miserable

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sci-Fi said:
sothatwasmylife said:
Your not a Dr it is so completely obvious...why you feel the need to create the pretense, only you know....but some may give your 'words of wisdom' credibility and that worries me.
So either represent yourself honestly or fresia off.

lonelydoc said:
sothatwasmylife:
Go to hell. I've got nothing to prove to you.

You are obviously a miserable person who drives everyone in your life away. Do everybody a favor, kill yourself, and be done with it.

Unacceptable, we do not tolerate this type of behavior towards members here. Knock it off.

I reacted strongly initially. I decided to change my post and continue the points I was making before.

lonelydoc, if your job is really making you this unhappy, if you really feel like you're not making a difference in people's lives, if it's killing you piece by piece, then why continue with it?

You seem like a reasonable, sensitive and (obviously!) well-educated man. Why bang your head against the wall on a daily basis like this? You're in a position to change so much in your life - financially, mentally, professionally. That's something I think a lot of people here would envy, myself included.

Do yourself a mercy and follow your heart, wherever it may lead.

lifestream said:
lonelydoc, if your job is really making you this unhappy, if you really feel like you're not making a difference in people's lives, if it's killing you piece by piece, then why continue with it?

Um I can think of a few, debt, the 28 (kidding) years of education that all go down the drain. What else exactly can doctors do, if they aren't MDs? I hate when people tell me to just go do something else. It isn't that easy. People don't want highly specialized people "slumming it" in professions that don't require that much schooling. Plus there is coming to terms with flushing a profession down the tubes. It isn't like you can just roll over and put in an application at MacDonalds, they will want to know what you were doing during the years you were in medical school and then they would never hire you.

It isn't like there is an employment agency to place former doctors sick of the profession.

I wasn't suggesting that he leave his job on the fly. Obviously, plans have to be made and options considered before taking action.

Persisting in a job that's destroying you or facing uncertainty with the slim chance of regaining some kind of joy in life? Seems like an easy choice to me.

I appreciate I am only some lost soul to whom your medical advice is apparently to fresia off and kill myself...which in itself may be sound advice but I wasn't aware that this new dynamic approach by your profession was now a recognised stratedgy...but that aside
I was a bit taken aback by your protestations on the matter of cannabis as surely you must have involvement with prescriptions for medicinal cannabis on a very regular basis.
I wonder if your outburst was a result of my suggesting that you are a complete fraud.

And apparently you have "much more powerful stuff in your arsenal"....are we seriously meant to believe that someone with the grammatical skills of a poorly educated 16 year old is a Doctor 😗

I have already suggested to you that there is no reason why you can't represent yourself honestly..people on this forum will be understanding.

sothatwasmylife said:
I appreciate I am only some lost soul to whom your medical advice is apparently to fresia off and kill myself...which in itself may be sound advice but I wasn't aware that this new dynamic approach by your profession was now a recognised stratedgy...but that aside
I was a bit taken aback by your protestations on the matter of cannabis as surely you must have involvement with prescriptions for medicinal cannabis on a very regular basis.
I wonder if your outburst was a result of my suggesting that you are a complete fraud.

And apparently you have "much more powerful stuff in your arsenal"....are we seriously meant to believe that someone with the grammatical skills of a poorly educated 16 year old is a Doctor 😗

I have already suggested to you that there is no reason why you can't represent yourself honestly..people on this forum will be understanding.

You were warned about this type of behaviour already once, maybe some time off will help

Such an example of "the grass is always greener" for me.

I am in engineering school, and absolutely hate engineering.

The work, the people... everything. I've never been so miserable and hopeless. I did an internship and couldn't stand how so many of the people I was around were just arrogant and horrible to others.

All I ever wanted to do was help people, not make gadgets. Here you are, in a position to help people, but the environment is horrible and not really about helping people. People can be so horrible and selfish to each other. It sucks.

Im a nursing student, 2nd year... and i find it really stupid that they give us courses on how to talk and approach to patient, when most of the students are complete ********. Its not like they really gonna be a better people becouse of this courses...
I belive that becouse the society is becoming dumber by each year and social status becoming more and more importent , people get frastuated when they feel that they are in lesser position then others, and the people that are in higher position look down on them and feels that theyre somehow better. This leads to anger and some sort of a "status race" to see who is more popular and in higher position. Wich makes it a total mess and a much taugher life for those who just wants to reach their own goals and live a quite life.

in bottom line i wouldnt give up on all i achieved just becouse of some annoying and tedious people... maybe i would try to change the situation

Nicholas said:
when most of the students are complete ********. Its not like they really gonna be a better people becouse of this courses...I belive that becouse the society is becoming dumber by each year and social status

I am sensing a theme here... people are just stupid ********? It is the same in my profession. It isn't so much that I want to help people.. I mean that would be nice but I was realistic going in... but I just figured that a "profession" might be filled with a better class of person. That they would follow the law. That they would behave well. They could not behave worse if they were criminals. No, frankly they are criminals and it is their status that keeps people from calling out their behavior. I am so disgusted with the whole thing.

LonelySutton said:
Nicholas said:
when most of the students are complete ********. Its not like they really gonna be a better people becouse of this courses...I belive that becouse the society is becoming dumber by each year and social status

I am sensing a theme here... people are just stupid ********? It is the same in my profession. It isn't so much that I want to help people.. I mean that would be nice but I was realistic going in... but I just figured that a "profession" might be filled with a better class of person. That they would follow the law. That they would behave well. They could not behave worse if they were criminals. No, frankly they are criminals and it is their status that keeps people from calling out their behavior. I am so disgusted with the whole thing.

Ehm... my english isnt that great, so i didnt really understood what is it that youre trying to say, if you just can summerise it in a few words -_-"

LonelySutton said:
Nicholas said:

No, sadly there are ******** everywhere...

Well I would like to get into a field where competence is rewarded. It's certainly not healthcare these days.

Yes it's tough to leave. Money, family pressures, not knowing what else to do.

I do recognize that many people would love to be able to be a doctor, and medical student admissions continue at record levels. But it's just not for me.
Besides as I've said many times, we are just middle class. Very few practicing physicians have any financial or political power whatsoever.

I agree with the idea that we should all pursue our own individual dreams, without guilt. In the real world this is very hard. Watch the movie Office Space which is something of a classic now and it deals with this very issue.

lonelydoc said:
Well I would like to get into a field where competence is rewarded. It's certainly not healthcare these days.

I don't think it is any field anymore. I wish there was some sort of social movement we could start for people that want to be competent and only work around others who are. Like you could find people who were -- plumbers, HVAC people, lawyers etc. I mean if other people don't want to be competent, I wish they would agree not to use or be around the competent ones. Instead it is like they want to get the benefit of the competent ones and then turn around and do a crap job.

Nicholas it is just that my profession maintains a code of conduct and ethics rules and allegedly has the highest of professional behavior. So you really would have thought that if you became on of them, the behavior would have been good. But sadly, these rules really are a joke and are for show. Or worse, persecution of people that are not liked.

lonelydoc said:

Yes it's tough to leave. Money, family pressures, not knowing what else to do.

I do recognize that many people would love to be able to be a doctor, and medical student admissions continue at record levels. But it's just not for me.
Besides as I've said many times, we are just middle class. Very few practicing physicians have any financial or political power whatsoever.

I agree with the idea that we should all pursue our own individual dreams, without guilt. In the real world this is very hard. Watch the movie Office Space which is something of a classic now and it deals with this very issue.

Without making any attempt to elicit a further outburst from you...for which I suffered the consequences by the way...which I have difficulty understanding but am obviously not in a position to question....I would be grateful if you would clarify your remarks in one of your earlier posts in which you stated that any involvement with cannabis would result in your being struck off.
And as I pointed out to you surely you must dispence prescriptions for medicinal cannabis on a very regular basis. ??

Latest posts

Back