An Avantgarde Slob.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colster

Reaction score
For quite a long time now, I have had this inner battle with myself. I have become reclusive, yet feel that I should force myself to mingle. Perhaps mingle might be a tad exuberant, maybe just going outdoors.

Yet Sunday's are meant for lazy days. If it's damp and grey, then there is even more justification to stay indoors, safe, away from people.

Today, I feel like I have won the lottery. Sunday, miserable grey weather. Fully stocked cupboards, and a new season of After Life, on Netfix. The whole day has been a pajama day. No people, not even calls or texts - like I ever get any. But a guilt free day.

The consisted largely of extreme sofa surfing. Watching tv. And, eating bizarre combinations of junk food. I continued yesterday's Coke, ice and lemon. But with several sides, if not a while banquet consisting mainly of lemon drizzle cake, fresh rocket, and prawn cocktail crisps; like some kind of an avant-garde slob.

Last edited:
I think everyone has days like that, even those that aren't plagued by the issues that run rampant in the members of this forum.

Put on a rain coat and go jump in some puddles. :p

But seriously, I think we all need to force ourselves to do what we don't necessarily WANT to do. It's what helps us grow and improve ourselves.

Tis why I am so grateful for the dog, she forces me to go out. Daily, we cover 3 - 8 miles. And, I agree, we all need to occasionally do things that we don't like, but must do for our own welfare. I'm here because I just don't talk to people elsewhere, anymore. Yeah, I'll have polite convo in my local store, or share community news in the post office. But chat about stuff, me or the mundane day-to-day of my almost life, nah!

....you can't surf on a sofa.
If you have a reclining handle thing though, could qualify as sofa kayaking. Might as well mingle and tell everyone you practice a lesser known extreme sport 😎

Ye get urself to ya pub and say to the merry folk on entry, "drinks on me" when there be a lone beauty behind the bar. You says to her, in er ear, soft wise "ur face is like the sun, making of England a new piece of the Mediterranean." Such wit will stun her to smile with beaming bloody brilliant radiance. She'll quip back, with all hope, "My, you be a charming bloke if a lass ever did see, versed by da peng Shakespeare emself. Come round back amongst the spirits and see if I can tan thee to a proper shade of tea and toast."

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back