Any other car guys/gals?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LonelyDragon

Reaction score
One of my biggest interests in life is cars. I love muscle cars from the late '60s and early '70s as well as some of the later models that try to keep that feel and style of car alive. Especially General Motors (mostly Pontiacs and Oldsmobiles). Right now I do have a '78 Trans Am (major project car) and a couple of S-10 Blazers that all need a lot of work. When I'm not wallowing in a pit of my own depression I love working on them. At one time I had a shop back in DFW that I was hoping would really take off. My dream when I was younger was to be where Chip Foose (the master car builder of Overhaulin) is today. I see a well designed and executed car or truck as a piece of art.

I'm not much into the newer style of cars (i.e. "Tuners" or "Drifters") but I do appreciate the art and design. Some of the paint jobs I've seen on them I think should be framed and hung up for everybody to see. The thought of what could happen on the street to them makes me cringe, but then again cars are meant to be driven, right? ;)

Then there's the European cars. Again, I'm not much into them but there is just nothing like a Lambo or Ferrari.

So, are any of you into cars or trucks? What is your dream car?

Not much of a american car fan myself...but my dream car is but the humble Nissan GT

Here it is when it first arrived.

Arrival4.jpg

It's really rough. Needs all new floors along with pretty much everything else. lol
I have an Olds 455 I'm going to build for it.
I've got it mostly apart now. Had to put it on hold while I tear into my S-10 Blazer which also needs the engine rebuilt. I'm going to be doing some mods to it too.

The LS motors are great! Chevy used the old Small Blocks for so long, they really had to dig deep to come up with something that people would feel was a real improvement. I think they succeeded.

Actually I'm going for kind of a "negative" of that. White car with custom made black graphics. I love the black and gold S/Es, but they are so common that it would get lost in the crowd at any shows with other Trans Ams. This one was originally a gold on gold S/E. But there's not enough left of the original car to worry about restoring it.

Got any pics of your car? What year is it?

Wow, you all have such nice cars. Being 17, I am unable to drive in my country yet, so for me, any car will do when I get my license. As long as it can take me away from home and take me to exciting new places, filled with new sights to see and new people to meet. I don't know much about cars, but my dad does, he's had a Buick Riviera, a Buick 8, a Plymouth Fury, a Lotus 7, etc. I'm really not sure what my dream car would be. Some sort of American muscle car I suppose, with a loud roaring V8 engine. Or maybe an old Aston Martin, or a vintage Porsche. Actually a vintage motorcycle would be nice too, like an old Norton or something like that.

Nice! Ram Air and it's not green! (Seems like 90% of them are green here.)

A classic Porsche would be sweet. Just a little 914 would be nice.

Latest posts

Back