Are there any accountants here ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funnylife33

Reaction score
Learning accounting sucks a bit ,
It is a bit boring ,
I am also learning the SAP ERP fico/mm/sd software modules
It is a bit difficult

Accountants makes lots of money ,
I hope i will have a good stable job in the future too

I joined an Online class
I get classes online every Sunday

I have been following it now for almost an year
So i am still pushing myself to the limit in the hopes of becoming an accountant someday .

:cool:

I'm not, but I almost majored in it.

And if I could do my college experience over again - this time NOT thinking about Peak Oil, political crap, and ruining my life thinking about things like that - I would have majored in accounting or some other practical thing, and minored in a curiosity topic, like creative writing or something like that.

It is still very hard for me to force myself to do things that I have no real interest in doing, no intellectual curiosity about or emotional connection to, just for money and social status.

But I wish I had stuck it out, because then I would have had the peace of mind of a solid, middle-class job, buying the stuff I wanted (within reason), funding my interests, eating right, going to the gym, keeping up with routine maintenance, storing things correctly, having things fixed or replaced, etc. I could have a lifestyle that I would at least be OK with, a lifestyle I could at least not hate, or feel frustrated and humiliated with it.

And, I know I wouldn't be happy with the alternatives.

So, I think you're on the right track. At least, until you get a better idea of what you want to do. At least with accounting, you know you'll probably at least be "OK". And that's a whole hell of a lot better than "bad". So, there's that.

@TheSkaFish

Thanks for the reply

This accounting course was very difficult in the beginning , as my classes were online in zoom or google meet .
The teachers that taught the accounting  was not good enough , so i  had to make notes myself after the class ended .
I had 6 days to prepare for the next class as the class was only on Sundays .

Anyway after an year i feel a lot more confident in doing an accounting related job .
It is not that hard .

I still have i think 6 more months of class left ,

I would be a really happy person if i can finish my classes on time 

And this is my last hope of making my life a better one  :cool:

I took one accounting course during my 'school daze'---we had a good teacher, and I've always been good at math so the work wasn't too difficult, but accounting is NOT for everyone. It can be tedious, but if you're good with numbers and the pay is right, it's a living. I'm only replying here because I don't agree with your last statement: no one activity or choice will EVER be your 'last hope.' You never know what opportunities might arise in the future---the world can change more quickly than we know. Just sayin', since that whole 'do or die' mentality is NOT a good one to have... better to keep an open mind as you carry on with your studies. This from an old school hand who has seen his share of good times & bad times. Stick to your guns and stay the course, but don't ever think it's the last chance you'll have. Good luck with finishing your studies, here's hoping you find a good job! Just my $.02 as a site member. Cheers!!!   :cool:

@Sidewinder

Thanks for the reply

Sometimes i lose the energy to follow this course because there are lot of little things one has to focus when it comes to accounting .
Sometime i have good mood to learn and i learn a lot of new ways to record the transactions .

Anyway its all Asset , Expense , Income , Liability and Capital

As for the accounting software , its a bit more complicated than the manual accounting part .
But i am learning that too little by little

Thanks for your positive words too  :cool:

You're welcome... I just don't like to see a promising young person get bogged down in negativity. I say "young" because I'm pretty sure I'm older than you... been around since dinosaurs roamed the earth, and I may have seen Finished once or twice in those days as well, lol. Off in the distance, of course. Anyway, it's easy to get bogged down in negativity in this crazy modern world, but as long as you're aware of the pitfalls, then you can choose to live in a more positive way, dwelling on the good instead of the bad. Some problems we just can't solve in this world, therefore it's best to simply distance oneself (body & soul) from the sources of those problems.  :rolleyes:

For example, I personally cannot bring all crime to an end on this planet, but I consciously choose NOT to associate with criminal types, get dragged into their hustlers' schemes, run afoul of Johnny Law, etc., etc. Life is EASIER that way in the long run, though bullshit Hollywood films tend to glorify the 'thug life' and 'fast riches'---moi, I value my FREEDOM too highly, and the overall success rate for criminals is NOT all that great, lol. I only use that as an example, it has nothing to do with your life... most criminals don't go in for accounting, though I'm sure there are crooked accountants to be found, embezzlers and whatnot. Don't fall into that trap, it's just not worth risking your freedom.   :cool:

@Sidewinder

Thanks for the reply

I am from 1985 , 36 years old ... I am a bit late to follow accounting but its better than simply sitting and doing nothing . I only have a degree in commerce . I cant get a good job here with a simple commerce degree which is why i decided to learn accounting and SAP fico/mm/sd modules .

I am a peace loving person too ,
I try hard to stay away from the troubles everyday , because i simply do not like stuffs that makes my life complicated .

:cool:

Hi, I qualified in the early 80's (in the UK) and worked as an accountant all my working life.
I really wish I had done something else..Counsellor...Police...Author...
Although the pay is good (you work hard for it) you see the worst sort of **it, as the owners/directors are only interested in looking after themselves, and the employees (who actually make the money) are very badly treated. The worst I ever saw was the CEO robbing from the company and blaming other people. Big money, not peanuts.

So make sure before you commit that you actually like what it is you will be doing.
Good luck

Thanks for the reply Starlightdawn ,

I am doing an SAP and Accounting course now .
I have completed the sap fico module , sap mm module and right now i am learning the sd module .
Its not easy , there are loads of configurations that needs to be done in that ERP software for everything to work .

The purpose of the software mainly is to post or save the accounting entries in that ERP software

I have been learning all these for the past 1 and half years and i need 6 more months to finish all these .

I too sometimes think that i should have done something else instead of accounting because it is not an exactly easy subject .

Sometimes , organizing all the 5 accounting elements like asset expense income capital liability to the debit side and credit side feels doable to me , that is why i am still learning it and trying to complete the course

But right now i have some pressure to change jobs as the current job i am doing is not getting me much money .

So my next 6 months is very important for me !!!

Latest posts

Back