Are there any older lonely people here?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Hi everyone. I was just browsing the site a bit before going to bed and I noticed most people seem to be under 30 years old. I'm a 36 year old female, happily married and we have three children ages 16, 15 and 6 and my Mother-in-law lives with us. I'm still lonely though! All of my family has passed on now and I don't have any adult female friends. I wish I had a close girlfriend to share a cup of coffee with, browse the shops with and see a movie with. It would be so nice to be able to talk with someone about our families, swap recipes and all that good stuff. Is there anyone here who is over 30? Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against anyone under 30! LOL....it's just that I don't think I'd have much in common with them at this point in my life.

Dana

hello dana
am 31 old but really i hope if iam female lol , i hope u find someone

I'm married, 33 with three children.  Where do you live?  I'm a little lonley myself.  Sad, isn't it?  I don't know how to cook very well, so I can't really swap any reciepies....but I know that I'm a great friend!

[Hi Dana,

I'm old enough to be your mom and I feel lonely right now! I'm married and the kids are grown up and live far away. I have some friends but they don't fill the void and neither does my husband. I've been making myself keep very busy lately (work, classes, etc.) and it's helping. Usually I'm ok but am just going through a rough patch. While your kids are growing up, try to find mom/kids things in your community so you can meet other moms. After the kids get older, you'll have more time to get out and connect. Good luck!!
Anne

Latest posts

Back