Are you a vintage gaming collector?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Retrospective81

I am :)

I have boxed and complete:

Atari 2600
Nintendo Entertainment System
Atari Lynx
Nintendo Game Boy
Sega Master System

lots of boxed and unboxed games for all these systems

Planned boxed and complete systems are:

Commodore 64 Home Computer
Sinclair ZX Spectrum Home Computer (Yes, I'm British!)
Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Sega Genesis/Megadrive
Acorn Electron Home Computer
NEC Turbo Grafx 16/ PC Engine
Amstrad
Atari 7800

What's yours? Yes, I am a 'complete boxed system snob' personally! :D

I'm not but I've always liked the idea. I have some 70's/80's star wars toys that are worth a packet and I have them for nostalgia and favourite video games has always appealed but it would have to involve space, which I lack, to have the consoles all out to play them. I'm envisaging a lazyboy chair with C64, Speccy 48k, Amiga, Master System, mega drive.. The lot. That would be great :)

I have a few.

Atari 2600 (Vader Edition)
Spectrum ZX (128k memory + tape)
Amiga 1200 (WITH a 10MB hard drive)
Mastersystem II
Megadrive II
PS1

I do also have an ancient laptop I just can't throw away, it has a missing HDD and it's rare to replace.

EDIT: I'd like an Acorn too.

Lippy_Kid said:
I'm not but I've always liked the idea. I have some 70's/80's star wars toys that are worth a packet and I have them for nostalgia and favourite video games has always appealed but it would have to involve space, which I lack, to have the consoles all out to play them. I'm envisaging a lazyboy chair with C64, Speccy 48k, Amiga, Master System, mega drive.. The lot. That would be great :)

Anything's always possible :), perhaps if you get more space if you move in the future? that sounds PERFECT to me too! :D

Retrospective81 said:
Lippy_Kid said:

Anything's always possible :), perhaps if you get more space if you move in the future? that sounds PERFECT to me too! :D

Yep, would be like taking a trip through my childhood :)

9006 said:
I have a few.

Atari 2600 (Vader Edition)
Spectrum ZX (128k memory + tape)
Amiga 1200 (WITH a 10MB hard drive)
Mastersystem II
Megadrive II
PS1

I do also have an ancient laptop I just can't throw away, it has a missing HDD and it's rare to replace.

EDIT: I'd like an Acorn too.

Ive the same 'vader' 2600 too! :) and the Master System II :) nah, never throw away anything's that sentimental value to you :)

Retrospective,

How much would you pay for "Yars Revenge" for the old Atari, on ebay? I have one that has the box, game, and manual. The box is worn but everything else is great.

if you don't need it, then can you tell me, how much does something like this go for?

Yes I'm a big time vintage game collector even though I regret acquiring some of those overseas consoles. I just have too many game systems and video games these days, along with two Everdrive flash carts for my Sega Genesis and SNES.

Does anybody have a game called "Chucky Egg" for the Spectrum? I think I've asked that before but it was a year ago or something.

It's an awesome game I used to play when I was a kid, ahh memories...

Batman55 said:
Retrospective,

How much would you pay for "Yars Revenge" for the old Atari, on ebay? I have one that has the box, game, and manual. The box is worn but everything else is great.

if you don't need it, then can you tell me, how much does something like this go for?

If its complete, try around £15-£20 :) that's a bout right and reasonable :)

9006 said:
Does anybody have a game called "Chucky Egg" for the Spectrum? I think I've asked that before but it was a year ago or something.

It's an awesome game I used to play when I was a kid, ahh memories...

Yeah have the BBC Micro version though and on an emulator, good game but hard as nails!

I still have my first computer bought on 30 november 1999 ... an Windows Millennium, maybe the rarest operating system from MS ... no emulator will ever emulate the play field of a real MS-DOS environment on a cathodic ray tube (my vintages are Nitro, Subfury, Island Hopper and others from PLBM, I think the company doesn't exist anymore)

Pasha Selim said:
I still have my first computer bought on 30 november 1999 ... an Windows Millennium, maybe the rarest operating system from MS ... no emulator will ever emulate the play field of a real MS-DOS environment on a cathodic ray tube (my vintages are Nitro, Subfury, Island Hopper and others from PLBM, I think the company doesn't exist anymore)

No emulator could replicate the radiation from an old CRT too!

Old computer gaming, mostly. The oldest PC I have has 16 MB RAM, a 70 Mhz processor, 256 MB Hard Drive and a keyboard so heavy you could brake a window with it.

It definitely won't run Skyrim.

Any games from the mid 90s to early 2000s I enjoy the most

Latest posts

Back