Are you currently dating someone?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you currently dating someone?

• Yes

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • No

Votes: 43 75.4%

• Total voters
i think i was loneliest when in a past relationship of mine; some relationships are lonely (just saying..)

Maybe. It isn't technically anything official. I asked her on a date and she isn't acting like I'm a stalker or like I ruined our friendship. I would call that good. ;)

To Luck!:p

Aedammair

Be really interesting to see how many of those who answered yes, are female.

yep, I'm sure you can be dating someone and still be very lonely if its a bad relationship.

I'm not dating anyone though.

jales said:
i think i was loneliest when in a past relationship of mine; some relationships are lonely (just saying..)

Same! My ex girlfriend had no interest in getting to know my friends and she kept me seperate from hers. she also lived a fair distance away. She was also high maintenance, spoilt, selfish and a touch of A.D.H.D.

No....

but if I was to start dating...I'll probably date 4-5 women...depending
how many women interest me or how many I can keep track of,
or how much time and money I have. It gets pretty **** expensive
whining and dinning women.

To me dating is not the same as having a relationship.
It's a selective process stage..kind of like taking a car for a test drive.
No...I don't have sex with all the women I've dated. It's me trying
to get to know them and filtering out the stalkers.lmao

I had to stop dating the last girl I was seeing because my mother ended up in the hospital again. I could see she was getting a little annoyed by the fact that we didn't get to see each other much, so I simply told her I wasn't being fair to her and ended it.

By the time I actually have time to date, I'll probably be too old to do anything about it or care. Regrettably, I will probably die without ever experiencing the joy of marriage or holding a newborn child in my arms.

I really would have liked to be a dad.

Haven't dated in a couple of decades. After my first (and last) relationship at 18, which lasted 3 months and ended with a suicide attempt on my part, I figured I'd better become more mature before getting involved with anyone else if I didn't want the next relationship to fail once again. I'm still not done growing up.

Aedammair said:
Maybe. It isn't technically anything official. I asked her on a date and she isn't acting like I'm a stalker or like I ruined our friendship. I would call that good. ;)

To Luck!:p

Aedammair

Ha, I'm in the exact same boat; it's actually my ex, whom I've decided to give another chance, albeit cautiously. I want to take it real slow but she doesn't feel the same way, so it's a little awkward. <.< But better than being completely alone in the world, and whatnot, right? <3

To luck, indeed.

jasmin said:

I said "No," and I'm female.

I don't see what gender has to do with any of this: dating, loneliness etc.

When I was married I was intensely lonely for most of it because there was no communication, no connection with my husband anymore.

Now I'm separated and still have bouts of intense loneliness, although I have grown accustomed to being alone and have some pleasant times by myself, it doesn't change the fact that sometimes I long for companionship. Adult companionship. I do have my daughters half the time and am thankful for that.

cheaptrickfan said:
jasmin said:

I said "No," and I'm female.

I don't see what gender has to do with any of this: dating, loneliness etc.

When I was married I was intensely lonely for most of it because there was no communication, no connection with my husband anymore.

Now I'm separated and still have bouts of intense loneliness, although I have grown accustomed to being alone and have some pleasant times by myself, it doesn't change the fact that sometimes I long for companionship. Adult companionship. I do have my daughters half the time and am thankful for that.

I too wonder like what jasmin said how many of them were girls who answered yes. It does truly seem that there are a lot more women who are not single than males. All I ever see is countless threads about guys saying they have never been in a relationship and yet almost every girl I see is in a relationship. I do know there are many women out there who are not in one but men just seem to be the majority. Maybe its because many men do not "fit" the criteria of what a woman wants whether it be they are too ugly,lack confidence, or too nervous to approach a woman.Males are probably the vast majority who are dateless because they are the ones that have to do the approaching where as women can just sit back and be more selective of who they choose because the guy is the one who initiates almost every time.I don't know it could just be my stupidity and ignorance talking but thats how I perceive things.

I had a boyfriend who I met through a dating service. Then I found out it wasn't my thing. Now I am single. Never been asked out on a date. Maybe I have a sign on my head that says 'Flee'.

Yanni S said:
Maybe I have a sign on my head that says 'Flee'.

*bashes sign to pieces* :club: What sign? :p

No i'm not dating anyone currently though a lot of guys seem to want to have sex with me o_____o in the friends with benefits sense.

It's kind of scary. Like...SHOO! Go away! lol. It's annoying to not have guys around that actually care about you and want to be with you.

Is this how college normally is? Lots of guys just wanting what's in your pants?

I'm confused. :l. I wish people werent so manipulative.

Sex is so easy to get but unconditional love seems impossible. :p

Ouch!

Thanks though. Now all the men shall flock around me ;) I think I see one now! *points*

I have noticed some people look at me, but that's about it. Perhaps I'm too intimidating. Let's say that's the reason :p

SophiaGrace said:
Yanni S said:
Maybe I have a sign on my head that says 'Flee'.

*bashes sign to pieces* :club: What sign? :p

No i'm not dating anyone currently though a lot of guys seem to want to have sex with me o_____o in the friends with benefits sense.

It's kind of scary. Like...SHOO! Go away! lol. It's annoying to not have guys around that actually care about you and want to be with you.

Is this how college normally is? Lots of guys just wanting what's in your pants?

I'm confused. :l. I wish people werent so manipulative.

Sex is so easy to get but unconditional love seems impossible. :p

At the moment i'm not dating anyone, I've been single since june after getting crushed by my high school sweetheart :(. Anyways right now i'm going through the hell known as online dating lol.

Latest posts

Back