Breakfast

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mr. Sir

What does everyone here think about breakfast? Do you love it? Do you hate it? What breakfast foods do you like?

I find it to be an incredibly awkward meal, but I never have time for it anyway. My ideal breakfast would be an espresso shot, cup of coffee, glass of skim milk, greek yogurt, two hardboiled eggs, some strips of turkey sausage, two granola bars, and a piece of fruit.

How about you all? Does anyone else find it awkward like I do? The way your stomach is so empty but you have no appetite? I wonder why we have particular foods that are "regulated" to breakfast.

Cereal with milk absolutely DISGUSTS me.

Anyway, here's the breakfast thread.

The second I roll out of bed, I'm ready for some CHOW.

My breakfasts tend to vary based on availability, time, what sounds good, and what my day has in store.

Common prey:

A. Granola w/ whole milk
B. Greek yogurt, or any yogurt really
C. A Kiwi or something
D. Coffee coffee coffee coffee

-

A. Whole grain oats with chopped walnuts, a bit of brown sugar or honey, and some strawberries
B. A glass of milk

-

A. Breakfast scramble
B. million-grain toast
C. Sliced tomatoes or mushrooms

-

Other popular standalone options include Huevos Rancheros, Pancakes and Sausage, or ...mmmmm, Biscuits and Gravy. And coffee.

Actually when I rented my own apartment, I was lucky enough to be right around the corner from my favorite hole-in-the-wall diner. Always warm, friendly staff, good food and an endless cup of joe that didn't taste like ass. I'd go there before heading off to work in the woods around Ass-Thirty in the morning and those right there were great staple breakfasts. Plenty of carbs, good protein, and a warm fuzzy feeling...which was really the most important part. Because fifty percent of the time it was going to be cold, wet, muddy, and rainy/snowing, and the other fifty percent you were out there way earlier than you wanted to be with people you were sick of seeing for the week.

So breakfast became sort of a ritual for me. I'd get up, groan and stretch, throw on my work clothes. Pack my crap. Reflect on my then-many woes and try to push them out of my head. And breakfast was like my final bit of sanctuary before heading off for the day. It was like for thirty minutes or so I could stop time and enjoy something, and it was early enough that nobody else was around to really bother me in the process. That, and my metabolism augmented the above behaviors to make breakfast a regular thing. I'm always ready for it.

Hmm...this has been kind of intro- and retrospective :) Kind of bringing back old memories.

I'm interested in trying things how the rest of the world does it.

Breakfast like a king
Lunch like a prince
Dinner like a pauper

For most of us we do it in reverse order, having a light breakfast and loading up on a huge meal at the end of the day. Supposedly its better for you health wise to start off with the big meal and work your way down as the day progresses.

Personally I have breakfast on tuesdays and thursdays as I hit the gym on mon, wed and friday while not being awake before noon on the weekend, heh.

i never have time for breakfast, so i would usually eat a granola bar or a muffin on my way to class, but that means buying muffins and granola bars, so I've scrapped breakfast pretty much out of my diet

but on the off chance that i do have breakfast i enjoy maybe some fruit bagel and cream cheese and an omelet

yum
:)

Limlim said:
I'm interested in trying things how the rest of the world does it.

Breakfast like a king
Lunch like a prince
Dinner like a pauper

For most of us we do it in reverse order, having a light breakfast and loading up on a huge meal at the end of the day. Supposedly its better for you health wise to start off with the big meal and work your way down as the day progresses.

Personally I have breakfast on tuesdays and thursdays as I hit the gym on mon, wed and friday while not being awake before noon on the weekend, heh.

Your correct about this. Its just hard to have an appetite when your half awake. No carbs for dinner.

Boiled egg and soldiers.

I can't eat much in the mornings. My theory is that my stomach doesn't wake up at the same time as me.

I'm liking the bacon and cheese egg sandwiches on toast I've been making these mornings. It doesn't make me sick. I enjoy it.

I can't function well until I've had something to eat, usually just cereal since it's easy. When I have time eggs and bacon all the way.

I usually don't have breakfast because I don't get up early enough and don't have time, plus I'm rarely hungry in the morning, too tired...

But then I do have breakfast it would usually consist of:
A Nutri-Grain Bar
Sometimes Toast
Cup of Coffee or Tea

I like to eat 3 Eggs with 5 breads in breakfast . I also like to take green tea in the morning which makes me active .

Latest posts

Back