Bring back the Goths and Electropunkz

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cumulus.james said:
Goths did make a sort of comeback in the mid 2000 only they called themselves EMO and anyone over 18 was barred (I was 24 so they excluded me). You might have seen 14 yr olds and 50 yr olds at a NIN gig. If such a scene ever crops up again it's likely to deliberately exclude anyone over 16 and like with the EMO clothes of the mid 2000's any fashion that comes out of it will be skintight and only available in Abercrombie and Fitch or something.

It's boring being a 30 something in this decade. Truly boring.

Don't want to wear a gray suit and listen to Ed Sheehan.

I think that being a 30 something is typically boring, friend, unless you love sports and real estate and other dreary adult things. No one wants to see someone in their mid-30s hitting the clubs and trying to act young. It's just sad.

Why should a nightclub be the domain of the young? Your not allowed to go to one until you are 18, or 21 in America. Why shouldn't I find it appealing to listen to thumping music that I have been listening to since I was a kid? If you liked heavy metal as a kid and into adulthood then no one thinks anything unusual about a 50 yr old at a metallica gig. Yet it's frowned upon for a 34 yr old to still like techno?

cumulus.james said:
Why should a nightclub be the domain of the young? Your not allowed to go to one until you are 18, or 21 in America. Why shouldn't I find it appealing to listen to thumping music that I have been listening to since I was a kid? If you liked heavy metal as a kid and into adulthood then no one thinks anything unusual about a 50 yr old at a metallica gig. Yet it's frowned upon for a 34 yr old to still like techno?

I frown upon nothing, but I don't like the looks I get from the youngins when I try to go out!

Latest posts

Back