Can't stand of extroverts, pls help

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jovi88

Reaction score
Hi all. I want to share my feelings. In my office, there are many extroverts. Most of them I think. One of them is a friend of my friend, that i don't close with. She finds out that her home is near my home, and i'm driving a car so she wants to come home with me after office. The problem is, she's super extrovert. She can't stop talking just for a second. And day after day, it's so annoying, even just to hear she's talking. But i can't reject her because she's a friend of my friend. What should i do?

You could turn on the radio, listen to news or talk shows, listen to music, etc.

You can let this coworker know that this is what you need to relax after a day's work.

I am that co-worker....I don't shut up.

But I agree with Regu, just tell her you need to chill after work. Everyone needs "me" time.

If I want to get out of a situation like this without offending anyone, I'd tell a white lie about having to be somewhere or that I have a headache and need to be alone etc. Good luck Jovi!

Regumika - that's a good idea, but this one time I gave a lift to a colleague who talked a lot and when I tried to subtly hint that I was *really* getting a headache and turned on the radio, he hijacked it! He played songs from his thumbdrive and sang along LOUDLY! THE WHOLE WAY!!! sorry...still a bit traumatized :)

Even though extroverts are noisy and kept talking over and over and over they really mean well. Just tell that you need to relax and calm down for a while, BUT don't tell her that every time she start talking or she might get the wrong idea that you don't like her.

Could you have a word with the lady you give the lift to and say to her that, while you enjoy her company, you need to be quiet to concentrate on your driving as you are tired after a day at work and don't want to have an accident?
How long does the journey last? When you way that the lady wants to come home with you, do you mean that she also expects to be invited into your home when you arrive there?

Tiina63 said:
Could you have a word with the lady you give the lift to and say to her that, while you enjoy her company, you need to be quiet to concentrate on your driving as you are tired after a day at work and don't want to have an accident?
How long does the journey last? When you way that the lady wants to come home with you, do you mean that she also expects to be invited into your home when you arrive there?

@ veruca : i think your friend has no manner. Lol
@ tiina : the journey last about half an hour or more. No, i just dropped her somewhere along the way. My home is still far from hers. I don't think i can't tell her to shut up, cause she would think that i'm weird.

Could you use a white lie once or twice a week? Tell the lady that you are going a different way as you are visiting a sick friend/going to an evening class/meeting friends etc as a regular thing. And just give her a lift three days a week instead of five. The only difficulty I can see is that your friend, who is also this lady's friend, might become curious.

How about honesty? After all, you're doing her a favor... Tell her you don't mind giving her a ride but you don't feel comfortable sharing thoughts or even at times you don't feel comfortable having a conversation...

sk66rc-this might come across as very hurtful though. It would be one thing to say to her for the op to say that he doesn't feel comfortable sharing his own thoughts, but telling her that he doesn't feel comfortable having a conversation may come across as 'shut up.'

Tiina63 said:
sk66rc-this might come across as very hurtful though. It would be one thing to say to her for the op to say that he doesn't feel comfortable sharing his own thoughts, but telling her that he doesn't feel comfortable having a conversation may come across as 'shut up.'

If that's the case, then I can only see one of two options... Jovi88 either has to tell her jovi can no longer give her a ride for personal reasons... Or, just have to put up with it... We can go around the bush & think of 5,000 other ways to do either or but at the end of the day, what else is there to do?

Latest posts

Back