college blues

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oooo! Oooo! Give me your college blues in exchange for mine!!! :)

My college blues:

I am no longer in college, but started at 17 and spent around 4 years at it. According to the amount of credits I acquired, I retired as a Junior.

"What? A Junior? You were almost there! You should finish! You're still young! You're still in your twenties! What are you waiting for?" - ________ (insert random person I may run into at my job or in a grocery store or something like that)

I guess I'm waiting for a huge pile of money to fall out of the sky. Goodness knows if I didn't have money concerns, continuing higher education wouldn't be an issue. While I believe several factors could be pointed to when considering why my GPA rode down a hill, including a great decline of interest in the field I was pursuing and the way the program was handled, I'd say my money issues had an effect on me psychologically if not also in other ways.

So now, I make little money which keeps a roof over my head (not to mention the head of someone who hasn't been able to help me pay the bills since she moved in here years ago), food in my system, and the few other luxuries I solely rely on to put a smile on my face. When I see folks about my age (often a little bit younger) who have done it, I wonder what is my problem. And then I start thinking, GO BACK TO SCHOOL! And then I come back around to MONEY! NEED MONEY! See, my former institution says it will not even release my transcript without something around $7,000. That's debt not including the tens of thousands in loans I've accumulated from trying to attend that lousy school in the first place. So, GO BACK TO SCHOOL! Hmmm. What's my first step? Well, the truth is, knowing what I'll be going back to school FOR is probably the true first step. Afterall, not truly knowing was probably my first mistake upon finishing high school. But when I think of the tangible steps, I think PICK A SCHOOL! And of course, they need that transcript, so... what do I do? Do I take out another loan to pay the institution in order to release my transcript? It seems that's the only option if I absolutely MUST do this in order for another school to take me in with some of the credits I've acquired. Goodness knows I'd never be able to pay it off making the kind of money I currently make with the kind of financial obligations I have.

i just moved to a new city. got a room mate and am starting college in sept. A bunch of ppl from my course have already started talking and getting to know each other i try and it seems ive already faded into the background. i hate living in a city where like besides my room mate no one even knows my name :( im terrified of college. i was invisible all through highschool hope college wont be the same

lifeunderconstructio said:
i just moved to a new city. got a room mate and am starting college in sept. A bunch of ppl from my course have already started talking and getting to know each other i try and it seems ive already faded into the background. i hate living in a city where like besides my room mate no one even knows my name :( im terrified of college. i was invisible all through highschool hope college wont be the same

What I found that helped me break out of my shell when I got to college was taking part in a group activity. In my case, it was concert choir and chamber singers. 99% of my friends in college were in those groups with me. I had a few friends in my major, but I socialized pretty much exclusively with my music friends.

One pretty awesome thing about college is that there generally are lots of different groups relatively close by. That's another nice thing about being in a city, you can see what things there are to do even outside of the college. I went to a college out in a rural area. really, the only thing in that town besides cows was the college. And I don't like cow-tipping! lol

Good luck!

well, if its your final year... make it worthwhile!

go to events!
go to keggers!
study for each test in advance... because you should be out every weekend!
*(whether at work... or at a party... or doing something!)*

ask a cutie out in your class, if you have any... in my situation i dont have any cuties.. or girls for that matter,.. in my program,.

Latest posts

Back