Counteracting loneliness! Participatory experiment online

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

AaronAgassi

I have researched and complied a sound etiology of loneliness, and seek to test a treatment, online, at http://www.FoolQuest.com Won't you give it a chance?

(Is this message posted to the correct forum?)

The point of writing is to express yourself as clearly as possible, in as few words as possible. You do the opposite.

f.ex:
Beyond ongoing revision, ever changing and new content and the maintenance and improvement of comprehensive online resources, only FoolQuest.com exists in order to attempt that which no one else offers:

To open to the online public, complete beginners and accomplished writers alike, the authentic creative collaborative brainstorming experience of the fiction writer's bull session, from first inspiration, through creative development and on to final polish.

Because, anywhere else online, actual fiction writing collaboration, such as it is, compromises utterly on the openness, creativity, critical standards, discipline and diligence of any genuine fiction writing effort.
If I had to rewrite that, I would make it like so:

FoolQuest.com attempts to be a new kind of an online resource where one can observe the creative process of writing fiction.
That's all... the entire content of your huge passage... everything else is "water". You're good at writing water, should be a propaganda writer. Try immigrating to some country with a dictatorial regime, they will like your skills there.

LG, I think he came here to troll which is mean by itself. Look at the style of his writing. #_# If he didn't then I apologize.

sorry mimizu, but i agree with lonely girl

as for the site, it looks good, i'll check it out better

Mimizu, you have flamed me, obviously motivated by the poor emotional self awareness inherent to hostile attribution and anti-critical bias. -simply because I have exercised free speech instead of towing your party line, in another thread.

More over, I doubt that you quite apprehend just how the currently fashionable "less is more" school of prose which you so blithely embrace as a matter of course, really specifies no salient exception that might ever admit the wordier portion of great prose throughout history.

I didn't flame you, I politely asked you to stop trolling. Your writing style caused me to think that you are a troll who came here to mimic some kind of "intellectual" to amuse his buddies at our expense.

And, hypothetically, if one politely as someone to please stop being such an *******, then one would not actually be insulting them by calling them an *******? At best, calling a serious post a troll, is dismissive. And often, in truth, the trolling label is an ever handy catch-all for ganging up against a dissident poster by relational bullies. And now you are actually asking me to believe that you simply mistook me for "Professor" Irwin Corry?!

You dismissed my thread and my emotions by calling them "misplaced hypersensitivity". I know this about myself, that I'm hurt easily. I was probably made so hypersensitive by of society's lack of sensitivity.

If you aren't lonely and you have a social circle of friends who appreciate you, then it's wonderful... but why come here and dismiss the emotions of people like me who have been rejected, neglected and abused?

BTW, it's mostly your writing style that caused me to think you're a troll.

And often, in truth, the trolling label is an ever handy catch-all for ganging up against a dissident poster by relational bullies.
That's true, I've been a victim of this many times.

I apologize for calling you a troll. It was probably a mistake. Although your dismissal of my thread was insulting too...

Context, much? The misplaced hypersensitivity whereof I spoke, and for the entire thread not just you, was of taking, quite frankly, such comically disproportionate offense at the stock parody device of trivia and narrowed interests juxtaposed into romance. And so, I followed by calling for perspective in the face of real priorities that I then listed.

Indeed, dare I hazard that you have been reading in something else entirely and far more important, from whatever your own travails, said being as has actually upset you so in the first place.

Why should your priorities be mine? Why am I not allowed to express myself just because you deemed my emotions unimportant?

How am I allowing or not anything of anyone? Indeed, am I not equally permitted to respond as ever I may see fit? And why not offer pertinent answer to anything that I actually ever said?

Indeed, why should you adopt my priorities as your own? -you ask...
Answer: Only if the reasoning be found to be sound and compelling.

AaronAgassi said:
Context, much? The misplaced hypersensitivity whereof I spoke, and for the entire thread not just you, was of taking, quite frankly, such comically disproportionate offense at the stock parody device of trivia and narrowed interests juxtaposed into romance.
My response was comically disproportionate in your eyes, because you don't feel about the subject the same way I do. But those are emotions.
When you dismiss my emotions, saying that my reaction was "comically disproportionate", you are insulting me.

I made that topic because in my eyes it's a relevant issue... how society has no sensitivity to those who suffer, instead making them the subject of laughter.

When you first came here to this forum you posted an insulting dismissive post in my thread. Hostility. You acted like an enemy to me.

You acted hostile, your writing style is very obtuse and hard to read (probably intentionally), so I assumed that you are a troll who came to the forum to annoy people. Then I politely asked you to stop trolling.

Now I have a headache, thanks to you. :(

I fear that I cannot robotically validate you in the manner which you seem to feel your natural due. Honestly, I find that you make a mockery of suffering by harping on such picayune matters as you do. Indeed, I do not feel as you feel, and moreover, I have endeavored to explain myself. Rather the entire point of real discussion, and in which you have demonstrated utter disinterest.

You're still insulting me by using dismissive, demeaning vocabulary. "harping", "picayune". What's "picayune" to you, is hurtful to me.

You keep on insulting me, and you still didn't apologize, even though I've offered you a mutual apology. I am not going to reply to your messages anymore.

You led the choir in grave offence and lamentation over nothing at all. You utterly refuse to take my initial comment in any spirit in which it was meant, but lash out and hound me. You exasperate me, and then take offence therein no less. At the very least, you might confine your vitriol to the thread wherein it began.

Latest posts

Back