Do You Believe In "Karma"?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The culturally appropriated western version?, nah. The complex concept arising from dharmic traditions found in many eastern religions, including Jainism, Hinduism and Sikhism? possibly.

No, I don't.
Bad things happen to good people, bad things happen to bad people, otherwords bad things happen and they don't care who you are.

and good things happen to bad people as well :(
Who determines if the people are good or bad? Now obviously there are exceptions where everyone would agree someone was bad, but even then, they were likely good to someone. Do we know everything about their lives to be able to make that determination?

Honestly, all people have a mix of good and evil in them. So, going off that, everyone would get karma eventually, right?

If it's real, of course.
I don't believe in it, but I also don't not believe it. There's some weird crap out there in the world, so who is to say....

I'm really not sure myself. Maybe on some issues it has proven true, but I can't say with any certainty, which is why I thought that I'd bring it up. Do you believe in "Karma"?
Mostly believe that you reap what you sow.
People often get what they deserve. Though they may not see it that way. I believe my current lonesome state is caused by past laziness in maintaining friendships.
But many people are unlucky in life. Imagine being born in Gaza? Where fear and war are the norm. And poverty.
My luck has nothing to do with karma.

Who determines if the people are good or bad?
Me ;) I'm very judgey
Honestly, all people have a mix of good and evil in them. So, going off that, everyone would get karma eventually, right?
Once the mix is 51% evil, then they're bad. I think I upset more people than I please, so I guess I'm bad.

Me ;) I'm very judgey

Once the mix is 51% evil, then they're bad. I think I upset more people than I please, so I guess I'm bad.

That's exactly it, though. Do you upset those people on purpose?

I mean hell, if you look at me and opinions of some people on this forum, I deserve all the bad karma in the world....BUT, these people don't know me, they don't know who I really am. They just decide I'm evil and then spread to others that I'm evil. So who exactly is bad here? Me, because they decided I am without knowing the first thing or them because they are spreading rumors that aren't true?

That's exactly it, though. Do you upset those people on purpose?
Of course not. People always take me the wrong way because they're.......well......not as intelligent as I am.
I mean hell, if you look at me and opinions of some people on this forum, I deserve all the bad karma in the world....BUT, these people don't know me, they don't know who I really am. They just decide I'm evil and then spread to others that I'm evil. So who exactly is bad here? Me, because they decided I am without knowing the first thing or them because they are spreading rumors that aren't true?
You're a trouble make for sure Callie.

They just decide I'm evil and then spread to others that I'm evil. So who exactly is bad here? Me, because they decided I am without knowing the first thing or them because they are spreading rumors that aren't true
There's no need to be paranoid. Most of the time only their ghosts remain. It's tumbleweed town.

Who determines if the people are good or bad?
I'm with Okidoke.
Babies are good, sociopaths are bad, others are between, smth like this. Ok, I can confess sociopaths/criminals are not bad, maybe just ill. Let it be called "people doing good/bad things". But babies can't do bad things anyway, but they can feel pain. One can say it's a karma for their parent's sins, but I don't believe the world can be so unfair and cruel. It's like anti-karma then - paying for some others bad behavior.

and good things happen to bad people as well :(
Things happen...

I think I upset more people than I please, so I guess I'm bad.
You know, sometimes upsetting someone is a good thing and pleasing is not. I think, it's better to tell people what should be told than what they want to hear.

I'm really not sure myself. Maybe on some issues it has proven true, but I can't say with any certainty, which is why I thought that I'd bring it up. Do you believe in "Karma"?

I believe in "karma" as taught by The Buddha, Shakyamuni Buddha. That isn't what is commonly understood as "karma" in popular culture.

What do you mean by "karma"?

I don’t like idea of karma. It breeds entitlement and vindictiveness. People who believe they are good feel entitled to a reward. People who believe others are bad take pleasure in other’s pain. We live in a society ruled by greed. Karma has nothing to do with anyones success or failure.

We are so divided today that good and bad has lost all meaning. Its already been noted here that it’s subjective who decides what is good or bad. We need to close the divide before we can decide what karma is.

Latest posts

Back