Do you collect anything?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Typo

Reaction score
Gar, yes I know, random question, but I'm bored, and after dusting, I have noticed I seem to have a curious amount of old glass bottles, feathers, rubber ducks, and books :rolleyes:

Which got me wondering...

What do ya'll collect if anything? (and yes dust bunnies can count if you so wish them too :p)

Piggy banks.:p But they have to be PIGS. No, Im not overly fond of pigs in general. :p Oh, I do have one Snoopy bank. :D Otherwise, it has to be a pig. :p

I was just talking about this with someone the other day. I collect clocks in a sense. For years I bought them as gifts for my mother. After about 30 or so of them. My parents pretty much told me no more. lol They figure I purchased them for her knowing that some day I would get them back. Which I guess could be why I did it. I also buy watches, I don't wear them. I just have them around. Depending on the value of the watch is to where I have them. I know a bit strange.

I sort of collect coins. I don't check out ebay and stuff like that, but if I come across one that's cool I'll keep it.

It's not quite collecting, but I'm a pack rat when it comes to any kind of electronics cable. I just can't seem to throw anyway and I have a rather large box full of wires and such that I might use each one maybe once every 3 years, but I do find ways to use them lol.

Horror movie merchandies. Mainly figures (no, i don't play with them lol), and everything 'A Nightmare On Elm Street'. My fave items are a Prop Replica of Freddy Krueger's Glove, a Life Size Freddy Bust, and a photo of Pinhead (from Hellraiser) signed by Doug Bradley. Oh, and a Talking 12 inch Terminator... i love Arnold Schwarzenegger :D

I inadvertently collect computer parts. I have a veritable electronics store spanning 8 years of technology in my closet. I've decided to embrace the habit...I'm buying an old Tandy computer from the place I volunteer at. That's a piece of geek history! It's like a 67 Mustang to a car guy.

I also collect fire equipment. Right now I've got two of the early models of SCBA packs (the air packs we wear) that were produced, complete with masks and cylinders. I'm working on getting some old extinguishers and nozzles too. Not sure if I'll collect any helmets; a helmet becomes sort of a personal thing and reflects it's owner. So to buy one from somebody else is sort of empty to me.

I saw an old 1921 Studebaker 'Bickle' fire truck, in parade condition with all period equipment, sell on ebay for $12,000. I was an idiot. I should've gone out, gotten a loan, and bought that ******. I don't know why I didn't.

Of course, I can't really say I have anywhere to put it. But...still.

Punisher said:
Horror movie merchandies. Mainly figures (no, i don't play with them lol), and everything 'A Nightmare On Elm Street'. My fave items are a Prop Replica of Freddy Krueger's Glove, a Life Size Freddy Bust, and a photo of Pinhead (from Hellraiser) signed by Doug Bradley. Oh, and a Talking 12 inch Terminator... i love Arnold Schwarzenegger :D

orly_owl-strogg.jpg

Apart from regrets, I've got a bit of a collection of dragon ornaments and pictures. A couple of years back I stopped because I've got nowhere to put them and being in a cluttered environment was doing my head in.

Most stuff I collect is on the computer. I've got thousands of ebooks, music albums, pr0n. lol

When I was a kid I collected badges from places I'd visited. I don't really have the space to collect too much.

I collect posts and stars :D

Oh and i have a glass full of bottle caps somewhere and metal tabs.

I also collect Dean Koontz books and used to collect Baseball cards :)

Well, I have a nice collection of dust bunnies under my bed which I need to roust out soon.

I also used to collect stamps (lol), concentrating mostly on eastern Europe and the former USSR (Soviet/East European Studies was my major in college).

Some of the unique ones are from the Free Republic of Estonia ca. 1919, then from Nazi-occupied Estonia; Czechoslovakia; Yugoslavia; German Democratic Republic (the former East Germany); Mongolia; and North Korea. Some of the Soviet commemorative stamps are pretty cool, too. I have the 30th anniversary of Sputnik stamp.

I forgot to mention the many rocks I have gathered over the years, this obsession started when I was really little, and got worse after I attened Audubon Ecology camp and we had a geology class we went to :p

i like how everyone posting here puts something non physical first, then gets to the point....SO..
i used to collect comic book cards and comix but that was like in 6th grade! other than that
i collect pieces of my shattered heart and nothing else.....

I have a sport cards collection. I think I spent $4000-$5000 on it.
I used to collect or have fleets of R/C models. There's probably 20-25 in storage. $10,000 in it easily.
Guitars of course. I had 15 at one time. I think I have 8 at the moment...err don't ask the price.
I had 3 Z28 sitting in my drive once. It was a sort of collection. I like those cars.
I started collecting hotwheels 10 years ago. I did that for a year. I have around 3000. Doing my inner child stuff.
I'm starting to collect music again. Trying to re build my collection again.
By default I have many memories of women. Don't ask how many...They costed me everything. :(
My heart been broken, stompped on , chew up and spatted out, put in a blender and grinded to moosh...fresia it anywho.

loketron said:
i like how everyone posting here puts something non physical first, then gets to the point...

I did that in a lame attempt at humor to offset what a colossal geek I am for my cherished stamp collection. :)

Latest posts

Back